How easy to work on?

The main thing that concerns me about this new 5.0L coming out is what the reliability of it is going to be, and what sorts of teething issues it's going to encounter.
You don't generally have that kind of issue with Ford engines. Ford runs a production engine at WOT for 300 hours while cycling between its highest HP RPM and highest TQ RPM before they allow it to go into a production car. :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

svttech76 probably knows where I'm coming from when I say the 4.6 in the mustang chassis is pretty much one of the easiest modern V8's to work on. Very (and I mean very), low maint. vehicles for sure.

Bought my 00' with 62k. It now has 136k, purchased back in summer of 05'. The ONLY problems I have had with the car in that time are a bad IAC, battery quit (happens in anything), and the driver window keeps giving me a hard time. The stopper for the regulator keeps coming unglued.

Maint wise, the rear diff fluid has been changed twice, once for maint and once for gears. New coolant somewhere around 90k, plugs at 90+k and change the oil around every 2500 miles (I get bored at work). I'm not abusive, but I do run her through the paces every once in a while, and its been to the track a few times. Runs flawless.

4.6's too me are so easy to work on compared to my LS-1 cars because the motors in all
F body cars is pushed too far back it's a PITA to reach the rear head / manifold bolts also
the 4.6's have lots of room between fan belt and radiator but 5.0 is D easiest
OBTW just to swap fan belts on an F body u have to move lots of junk out the way
i love em but hard to work on think that's why 99% mustang guys DIY

4.6's too me are so easy to work on compared to my LS-1 cars because the motors in all
F body cars is pushed too far back it's a PITA to reach the rear head / manifold bolts also
the 4.6's have lots of room between fan belt and radiator but 5.0 is D easiest
OBTW just to swap fan belts on an F body u have to move lots of junk out the way
i love em but hard to work on think that's why 99% mustang guys DIY

I love F-Bodies, too, hence the reason I've put up with so much bs from mine, but there just comes a time when you ask yourself, "When is enough, enough?"

It's always the same story with this car...fixing some stupid-assed stumble. It's either an optispark (you LT1 F-Body guys KNOW what I'm talkin' about), plugs, wires, coil, or all of the above.

Recently, I had the car at a shop for a crazy oil leak I couldn't track, and it turned out to be the timing cover. The dumbasses that assembled my engine used the wrong bolts. The guy I took the car to (it's out of warranty) had to grind down the heads of the bolts to make it right. In the process, he created another minor leak (oil pan gasket), and the car is going back on July 3rd. Now, within 200 miles of getting the car back (AFTER he had it for 2.5 months...) I have a low-coolant light coming on, plus a nasty stumble at the same time. Interestingly enough, the car is not losing coolant, and I'm sort of/i] betting on a bad sensor, since this happens to be common...and it's a minor fix.

Within that 200 miles, I bought some R-134A to recharge the a/c, and after adding it, I heard a hissing sound; clearly a leak. In turn, I cooled off the Auto Zone parking lot. I know this is a stupid question, but could the coolant light/stumble be related to this?

Whatever the case, I want something that doesn't have these sorts of issues, and something I can actually work on myself in the future if need be. The new Camaro does absolutely NOTHING for me, despite its packing 426 hp. It's a freakin' pig. For me, the weight is the main thing that ruins that car. Yeah, it'll smoke a Mustang GT in the 1/4; so what? At least a GT weighs a reasonable weight and can be somewhat fun in the corners, and not to mention, with a supercharger kit, the 400 lb heavier Camaro ain't gonna touch it.