How is the mustang holding up?

06BLR85

Aug 30, 2005
for those of you who got a mustang really eairly, how is she holding up. are there any squeaks or unusual noises as time goes on. and how is the interior holding up is the leather still crisp and tight or has anything fallen off yet.

Your info will be greatly appreciated.

Tanks.

• Sponsors (?)

06BLR85 said:
for those of you who got a mustang really eairly, how is she holding up. are there any squeaks or unusual noises as time goes on. and how is the interior holding up is the leather still crisp and tight or has anything fallen off yet.

Your info will be greatly appreciated.

Tanks.

Bought November 30 2004, was a daily driver up until July, when I also got a 4x4 ranger for winter driving. I've driven my GT on the Ice and Snow last winter. Has had many of the frequently mentioned quality probs (Shaker, Brakes, Fuel Tank) but all have been fixed by dealer. Holding up good so far! 8k miles. I'll prob only put a couple thousand more miles on it by the end of the winter, lol.

Still looks HOT, nothing out there even comes close in the looks dept :hail2:

My 05 is in the shop for the third time for a automatic transmission leak. First time Ford said some cars were overfilled from factory and were discharging so they drained some oil out and sent me on my way. Well a puddle appeared on the floor of the garage. Took it back for the second time Ford said it could be a bad solonoid valve they relaced it and sent me on my way again. Couple of months go by did a little hard driving and what do you know the puddle reappears back on the floor so back to the dealership I go. This time they are going to replace a valve body in the transmission at least that's what I thought they said I'll know better tomorrow.

One other problem I found was rear brake calibur was leaking and had to be replaced.

Also the front of the leather seats near the floor leather had become disconnected from seat there is a TSB out for this I have a friend with a 05 with the same problem here is the TSB #
http://www.bradbarnett.net/mustangs/galaxie/tsb/tsb05_17_14loose_seat.pdf

Build date 12/04
6.5k miles
Has occassional front end clunk.
Brakes squeek (has not been serviced yet)
Engine has a bit of mechanical noise when hot but not bad.
Transmission shifts a little strange (notchy) when cold.
Rear window defogger push-button light is burned out.
Fuel tank fill issue (un-resolved - but I can deal with it)
No rattles (very strange for a Mustang)
Leather seats are holding up very well with no discernable wear.

Overall - I would rate the car a 9 of 10 in terms of satisfaction and expectation.

RICVA05 said:
My 05 is in the shop for the third time for a automatic transmission leak. First time Ford said some cars were overfilled from factory and were discharging so they drained some oil out and sent me on my way. Well a puddle appeared on the floor of the garage. Took it back for the second time Ford said it could be a bad solonoid valve they relaced it and sent me on my way again. Couple of months go by did a little hard driving and what do you know the puddle reappears back on the floor so back to the dealership I go. This time they are going to replace a valve body in the transmission at least that's what I thought they said I'll know better tomorrow.

One other problem I found was rear brake calibur was leaking and had to be replaced.

Also the front of the leather seats near the floor leather had become disconnected from seat there is a TSB out for this I have a friend with a 05 with the same problem here is the TSB #
http://www.bradbarnett.net/mustangs/galaxie/tsb/tsb05_17_14loose_seat.pdf

You know that if your car goes in for the same problem three times you can use the lemon law and get a new one.

My brakes are grinding and I need new rear rotors but that is only because I beat the living crap out of the car this weekend at Pocono raceway….this car can take a beating and handles great.

06BLR85 said:
You know that if your car goes in for the same problem three times you can use the lemon law and get a new one.

This all varies by State, and generally there's more than "3 strikes and it's out" in the Lemon Laws. Usually there's an amount of days that it's been unavailable as well, but again this varies. It can also depend on the severity of the issue. A transmission that doesn't work is one thing, a squeak is another, etc.

06BLR85 said:

Hopefully they can resolve the problem I am just getting the car the way I want it of course minus the leak. Too much money invested in the car . I am pretty sure they can get this figured out. They are replacing the valve body which from what I was told is like the processor for the transmission.

25,XXX on her now, had the strut bearing TSB done a long time a go, currently got a rattle near the glove box that I can't find since I'm usually the only one in the car and its all the way over there out of reach. Wouldn't be so annoying if the car wasn't so rattle and road noise free in general.

haha you all say rattles are bad....i have a corvette aswell....haha now those are some squeaks/rattles....

i have an 05 with 3K on it....sometimes it doesnt wanna start, but thats the identity keys problem ( paid extra for it) and thats it so far. Oh yeah none of my body panels matched fro mthe factory ( screamin yellow)

SlvrBLt said:
25,XXX on her now, had the strut bearing TSB done a long time a go, currently got a rattle near the glove box that I can't find since I'm usually the only one in the car and its all the way over there out of reach. Wouldn't be so annoying if the car wasn't so rattle and road noise free in general.

I read where somebody had the same rattle and it turned out to be somewhere around the air bag.I will do some looking later when I get home from work. Dealer had to fix it. Will PM you when I find the info.