How Long Do Nitto NT555R's last ? ?

My rear meats are almost bald from burnouts, so need to replace them before I start driving the car in the spring again. I could also just put snow chains on them and drive year 'round with them on, but, oh, wait, the snow chains go on the FRONT of the car. Silly me.

How do those tires wear in general? Any wear issues or other problems people have?

The car isn't a daily driver, just a toy, so it's not like the miles pour on. I'd ideally like to get 1,000 miles out of the pair (that's without any roasting, of course). :) :rlaugh:

Thanks!:hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

wow i never knew they lasted that long!!!!!!!! crazy im sure its like every other tire though it depends on your foot..if they are claiming 9k i would atleast say a 1000 if thats why your looking to get at least as long as you dont think your john force!!! its one thing to burnout...just remember the reason behind it to clean the surface of the tire.

I don't roast tires to "clean the surface" I roast them for the smoke show and to scare little old ladies in the crosswalk and watch cheerleaders lift their skirts. Ha Ha.

Okay everyone, thanks for the advice, I think they are the winner for new sneakers.

I've averaged 15-20k miles out of my last 3 sets. This is with decent dragstrip time and nice burnouts. When I approached 15k miles on all, wet traction was gone! They still hooked fine though all the way up until they show chords.