How long until springs set

Burtonsnow157

Dec 16, 2007
I just installed some tokico hps and fms c springs on my 03 gt and it came out pretty good, handles a lot better than stock and more comfortable ride. My question is that it doesnt look like its all that low yet, is there a break in period in which the springs reach their final drop?

• Sponsors (?)

Man, this is a crap load of BS. Believe me, springs don't settle i don't know how this word got around. They 'settle' after 5 minutes of driving- and thats because the car was in the air. What you see is what you get, it wont get any lower. You'll get use to it after a few days, but measure it now On an ALIGNMENT rack, which is as close to perfect as anything will get, and measure it on that same rack a week later. you'll have the same distance
Take out the isolators. It'll be very noticable lower but you probably still wont be happy

I agree, springs don't settle. My car was a lot higher in the rear after the install. The LCA bolts were too tight. I tightened it in the air, and they hung up. I loosened them on the ground and my car drop 2". I then looked on HPM's website because I have Mega Bite Jr's and they said torque those bolts to 85 ft lbs and the other at 95ft lbs. I tightened them on the ground and everything is fine now, perfect, lowered look.