How long was your special order wait?

DreamofGT

Nov 2, 2006
All,

I ordered my new '07 Torch Red GT on 1-23-07. Still dreaming as the name says, but not much longer I hope. Dealer called today and gave my the VIN number and would get back with me about the build date.

How long did it take anyone's car to be: build from the day you ordered it?, delivered from the the day it was ordered? or delivered from the day it was built?

I am trying to get an estimate of how long before my dream will come true for my 07 GT.

Thanks for your help,
DreamofGT
:)

• Sponsors (?)

I ordered my 06 GT on 9/16/05 and it was delivered 11/28/05. I can't remember the build date or any of that stuff; I was keeping track of all that before it came, but just forgot about it once I got the car.

Alot of factors like timing & options play a BIG role in how quick you get your car.

My Mustang took 7 1/2 weeks from date of order to date of delivery. As I recall, the transit time was fairly significant, but I live in California. After your Mustang has been assembled, ask the dealer to provide you with the Web site that will enable you to track the rail car that has your Mustang on board. Once the rail car arrived, it took about four additional days for the truck to deliver my Mustang to the dealership. I could have driven my Mustang from the factory quicker than it took by rail and truck!

5 weeks and no product holds. I live about 20-30 min from Flat Rock. The car actually arrived the morning after it left the factory.

We've factory ordered our past 4 Fords and generally they take 6-8 weeks.

Oddly, I planned on ordering mine and waiting months. Spoiler delete was a must. Somehow, I found the exact 06, color, options and spoiler delete during the 0% close out. Crazy how you can get lucky like that.

What are all of those things you just listed? Mine is gone from the factory so I am waiting on it, but have no idea where it is. Is there any way to track it?

Yes there is!
Get in touch with your salesperson. Obtain a copy of the DORA. It will have the Dealer Code # and your Order # (or VIN # by now).

Call 1-800-962-3746, Press 2.
Follow instructions.
Use order # (not VIN #)
It will give you the latest status report on your order.
We call this automated system, the ERL, or Evil Robot Lady.

If the ERL has NO INFO on your order even when it has been 1 week since you placed the order, the dealer did not input your order correctly. Get on the horn and make sure they process the order. When I placed my order on a Saturday, they said the person that inputs the order into Ford's system will do it on Monday. That Monday afternoon (the day it was entered into the system), the ERL acknowledged my order.

When your car arrives, if you ordered using the A/D/X/Z plan, look for your First Initial and Last Name under "Options" of the Window Sticker.
E.g.
Options
shaker 1000
J Smith

If you ordered it using the ADX or Z plan, and your name does NOT appear on the window sticker, they either ordered it wrong or found the car on a lot somewhere that matched your options. It's been done before :nono:

When your car arrives, have your salesperson run an OASIS check on your VIN # and get a print out. The OASIS report will be blank except for the build date of the car. That is your car's "birthday" so mark it down on your calendar and celebrate it every year.

Yes there is!
Get in touch with your salesperson. Obtain a copy of the DORA. It will have the Dealer Code # and your Order # (or VIN # by now).

Call 1-800-962-3746, Press 2.
Follow instructions.
Use order # (not VIN #)
It will give you the latest status report on your order.
We call this automated system, the ERL, or Evil Robot Lady.

If the ERL has NO INFO on your order even when it has been 1 week since you placed the order, the dealer did not input your order correctly. Get on the horn and make sure they process the order. When I placed my order on a Saturday, they said the person that inputs the order into Ford's system will do it on Monday. That Monday afternoon (the day it was entered into the system), the ERL acknowledged my order.

When your car arrives, if you ordered using the A/D/X/Z plan, look for your First Initial and Last Name under "Options" of the Window Sticker.
E.g.
Options
shaker 1000
J Smith

If you ordered it using the ADX or Z plan, and your name does NOT appear on the window sticker, they either ordered it wrong or found the car on a lot somewhere that matched your options. It's been done before :nono:

When your car arrives, have your salesperson run an OASIS check on your VIN # and get a print out. The OASIS report will be blank except for the build date of the car. That is your car's "birthday" so mark it down on your calendar and celebrate it every year.

I tried this friendly automated person. First off they ask me for my five digit dealer code. When I called my dealer he told me 44y538. Hrm looks like that is 6 digits. So I give the automated lady 44538, and keep progressing. Then I come to the point where it asks VIN# or ORDER#. If I say Order number, it asks for the body type, I tell it T82, three times, it tells me to shove it....game over. If I tell it to try the VIN number, well lets just say I might as well be speaking portugese because the letter recognition is sooooooo far off. :bang: :bang: :bang:

Wouldn't it be easier to do all of this online? Any tips on getting this to work? My other car's engine just blew up today, and I need this car to get here faster than now.

Get the DORA from your salesperson. It will have the correct 5 digit dealer code and the order number.

Say the digits slowly and try not to use any accents! Good luck.

Well the problem with going the order number route is it asks me for the body type. I look up the body type that I think it is which is T82 for the premium GT. It does not comprehend T82 as a body type.

Well the problem with going the order number route is it asks me for the body type. I look up the body type that I think it is which is T82 for the premium GT. It does not comprehend T82 as a body type.

I've never been able to input the VIN # correctly.
Stick with the Order Number route.

You were right to get rid of the "y" in the dealer code. For some reason I was thinking of the Vehicle Order Confirmation (VOC) which lists the 5 digit code starting with a "F" for "Ford dealership".
Get the 4 digit order number (it isn't 0000 or 9999).
T82 is indeed the correct body type for the hardtop coupe. Say it slowly, "Teee Eightttt Twoooo"

I've done this a bazillion times and it has always accepted my "T82".

Keep trying.