How low can a Fox go?

stang_380

Founding Member
Jan 30, 2002
St. Paul
I checked the threads and found nothing, so here goes. I installed the air bag suspension this year and im very happy with the results. When compared to the stock suspension, it rides better then stock even when lowered. Now being able to control my ride height of my car got me thinking. With the bags all aired out the car tucks tire from the top of the rim up, and full lenth headers are about 3/4" of the ground.

I've been pondering what it would take to get the rockers or at least the subframes to touch the ground. Im ready to cut/weld/fabricate or what ever is needed. I don't think the rear should be a problem... In front is another story because of the strut towers, the tire will hit the top of the fender well before completely on the ground. Problem is i cant just cut it out because the strut still needs to mount there.

Are there custom front suspensions available,possibly upper/lower control arm setups?

My mufflers are the first thing to drag so they need to be tucked up higher or replaced with something else. Any ideas?

I love the bags despite what some people think. It just makes driving the car you love that much more fun. Would be sweet to smoke a Camaro and drag the subframes throwing sparks across the finish. :D

Any input or ideas on this subject is welcome!

Thanks
Erik

• Sponsors (?)

Gee Wiz!! :eek: Was your last vehicle a low-rider truck?

I'd rather put spark plugs in the exhaust tips and throw flames at the loser. :flame: Keep your oil pan, radiator, tranny away from things that go bump in the night. :nono:

I have a maximum motorsports suspension setup. With their H&R racing springs, I'm 1" lower and think its perfect for looks. The tires fill out the wheel wells perfect. :cool:

Racecraft now offers a new spindle that gives the car a full 2" drop, all while maintaining the stock geometry. Supposedly, they will accept all the aftermarket brake kits.

Add these and you should be able to lay it right on the ground.

Why? :shrug: But, to each, their own.