How much boost on forged internals?!

LoadChrisGT

Jul 16, 2004
Ventura CA
Was thinking about getting a cobra crank, manley rods, and manley pistons put in my 00GT. How much boost can I run when I have this set up? How much would it cost, estimated? I want to run at least 15psi with a good tune.

• Sponsors (?)

Go for it. That combo will take lotsa power. But just keep in mind, no matter how tough your internals are, if your tune is off, it could go boom either way. What kind of power adder are you planning on running?

LoadChrisGT said:
Was thinking about getting a cobra crank, manley rods, and manley pistons put in my 00GT. How much boost can I run when I have this set up? How much would it cost, estimated? I want to run at least 15psi with a good tune.

wow... 15psi w/ what?

and your going to need a new block cause kiss the old one good by after that much boost.

going to need upgraded/new tranny, rearend, and fuel/electric system....

I dont see any problems as far the block going boom. Stock GT (Modular) blocks are supposed to be good for around 1200 HP (Unlike 5.0 blocks, which blow at like 450 HP). The other parts you mentioned should be good up to 800-900 HP I would think. You will definately need to beef up the rest of the drive train though.

ill wait till the tranny goes with these mods, i have a v1 strim on all ready, im just gettin the boost bug if ya know what i mean! Block should be good, but i might look into gettin a new short block. Im just throwing the idea around. Its a want, not a need type of basis.

Jesus said:
I dont see any problems as far the block going boom. Stock GT (Modular) blocks are supposed to be good for around 1200 HP (Unlike 5.0 blocks, which blow at like 450 HP). The other parts you mentioned should be good up to 800-900 HP I would think. You will definately need to beef up the rest of the drive train though.

:lol: :rlaugh: ..You MIGHT want to take a look at this.....9th question down the page.

http://www.foxlakeracing.com/index.php?src=faq&PHPSESSID=cca8b39c9162a624436c5ce757323a51

I THINK these guys are supposed to know what they are talking about. Most stock block potential would be roughtly the same I would think.