How much drop should I expect?

I decided on B-springs for my '96 GT. It currrently has C-springs, with one and a half coils cut from the rear. I don't know if this killed the rears, but now my car bottoms out...I guess, but it makes a loud bang sound over bumps.

Recently I put KYB struts in the front, and just last week some cheapo Gabriel shocks in the rear. I was hoping this would cure some of the problem, neglecting the possibility that the C's could be bad after four years! :rlaugh:

I have also ordered rear LCA bushings as those are shot, too. This, I hope, will solve that...grinding noise under hard acceleration.

My question is: how low do you think the B-springs will drop my car? Here is what I have in the suspension:

MM CC plates
Steeda X2 Ball Joints
Urethane bushings in swaybars
Urethane spring isolators
And the KYB's in front and Gabriel's in back

Will these dampeners work okay with the B-springs? At least for awhile?

I hope this works and at least makes the ride a little more like stock and enable the car to handle some bumps without catupulting its passengers into the roof!:lol:

Thanks in advance!

Cindy

• Sponsors (?)

No B & C springs give basically the same drop so it will not be any lower than it is now. The rear will actually be higher since your Bs already are missing 1.5 coils. I've got the Cs on my 02 and only cut .5 coil from the rears if I remember the paperwork said not to cut more than 1 full coil.

TtT!!!!

Since I posted this, I'm feeling quite comfortable about my choice of springs. However, people are saying that the C's yield the same drop as the B's. When I put the C's in my car, the rear was VERY high! It was so high, in fact, that I resorted to cutting one and a half coils from the rear springs. The car finally sits level. I waited three months for the much talked about settled drop...but it never came for my car.

Setting aside the aesthetics, is the rake bad in any other way? I mean I don't mind the rake, I guess, especially since it will give more distance between the undercarriage and ground, but I'm concerned mostly with handling and potential problems associated a rake. Should I be worried?

Thanks! :)