how much hp should i have after i add the vortech s trim

Apr 28, 2003
I have an 87 bt with a 302 bored .030 over with flat top pistons, gt40 iron heads, gt40 intake, cold air intake , b 303 cam, underdrive pulleys, shortbelt, smog pump delete, 70 mm throttle body, 75mm mass air meter, adjustable fuel regulator, 30 lb injectors, and a 255 lph pump in tank. i also have shorty headers, bassani off road x pipe and flowmaster super 40 mufflers.
This past summer i converted the car to a 5 speed and it ran in the high 12's, what kind of rear wheel hp and what kind of 1/4 times should i expect after adding the s trim. thanks for any help you guys can give

• Sponsors (?)

Yea i was thinking the same thing, if you pulley it for 10-12lbs you should get about 400hp, but your injectors are way too small. FMU is a choice, but you can get a better tune if you invest in a bigger set and a calibrated MAF(recalibrate yours).

i plan on getting it dyno tuned and getting a chip burnt for it. for now im gonna keep the stock pulley so i can use the 30 lb injectors, and i would also be using the fmu. would this be a safe setup for the time being. i eventually want to change the pulley, get some 42 lb injectors and a new metter but dont have the money yet

any ideas on how much hp i have now without the blower also what kind of 1/4 times should i expect thanks

you will need a stock crank pulley because the one vortech gives you fits inside the original crank and it wont fit in an underdrive pulley. trust me on this one. luckily my friend had one laying around.

black87gtbeauty said:
i plan on getting it dyno tuned and getting a chip burnt for it. for now im gonna keep the stock pulley so i can use the 30 lb injectors, and i would also be using the fmu. would this be a safe setup for the time being. i eventually want to change the pulley, get some 42 lb injectors and a new metter but dont have the money yet

any ideas on how much hp i have now without the blower also what kind of 1/4 times should i expect thanks

Thats a fairly safe plan, but make sure you get the right disc for the FMU. However, if you are planning to get the injectors in the future anyway, might as well sell the 30's, buy the tuner kit(you'll save money by not getting the FMU), and you will probably be close to affording the 42lbers and a new cal. for the meter. You will also need to pick up a BTM and an intank pump, but this should still be very close to buying the entire s-trim kit, and even if its a difference of maybe $150, you have better parts and you have saved money in the long run. I would guesss somewhere near 400rwhp with a good tune and enough fuel, but you would probably need a dyno to get that A/F close. It should also put you in the 11's for sure.