How much possible boost on KB for 96-98 cobras?

SWTMUSTANGMAN

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2002
Austin, Texas
I've heard all different stuff when it comes to KBs. But how much boost can you get outta the KBs for the 96-98 cobras? I see the '03s can make upwards of 600+ hp, even the GT kits make good boost, but why do I see these 96-98 cobra guys only putting down 380hp or so? Is it due to lack of MAF, injectors etc... or are they just not capable of producing great hp numbers. I'm really asking about the built motors that can take the boost. Cause I'm leaning towards a KB if I can get 10 or more #'s out of it. Does that make sense? :shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

Different motor and different blower.

There are a lot of differences between the 98s and 03s, don't simplify it as same 'motor' same 'blower'.

The 03 took all the lessons from the 96-98 all Al motors and made serious improvements. The result are the outrageous numbers lightly modded Cobras are putting down on dyno slips across the country.

Its the compression

The compession on the 2003 cobras have lower compression 8.5:1 Vs 9.85:1 For the earliers cobras 96-01 (I think those are the years). Superchargers do the same as increase you compression ratio. Too much compression without the right octane gas and you will get detonation. The higher the compession the the less you can boost. intercoolers help with this too.