How much would labor be for this usually?

thinker

Founding Member
Jun 26, 2002
Corona, Ca
How much would labor be for this install:

spec stage 1 clutch kit install (pressure plate, clutch, throw out bearing)
tranny mount
clutch cable & quadrant

I got a price check for a place down here for $300 for labor, does that sound right?

thx

• Sponsors (?)

i had a new transmission put in, centerforce clutch/press. plate, throwout bearing, and also had my flywheel machined. it only costed me $25. that's because i did it myself though and had to have the flywheel machined. try to knock them down like $50 though then it would sound about even

I think $300 is a fair price. It's pretty descent amount of work you're having done. Not all that hard, but time consuming. I'd also recommend replacing your pilot bearing and rear main seal while you're in there. They're cheap and I don't think they'd add much to the labor. You'll kick yourself later if you don't.

i go to a place called american muscle in corona (909-279-6411). It's right off of railroad and cota. the owners name is kevin, hes one of the brothers of BBK(brian i think). tell him you heard about him from chris(thats me heh), he might take some money off labor.

Ripping you a new one!

That is not $275 worth of labor + $25 for the average cost of resurfacing the flywheel. I have a shop and do what you're having done for around $200 for all of it. It's not that big of a job and only takes about three hours. I'd shop around a little before I paid that much money. You can actually do it yourself and save all the labor charges.

thinker said:
i go to a place called american muscle in corona (909-279-6411). It's right off of railroad and cota. the owners name is kevin, hes one of the brothers of BBK(brian i think). tell him you heard about him from chris(thats me heh), he might take some money off labor.
OK know where that is and I will give him a try and mention your name once I get the parts lined up! Do they give any deals on parts since they are hooked up with BBK?