How should I go about doing this?

65fastback2+2

Aug 4, 2003
Louisville, KY
Well....its time for the mach to be faster....which means I need FI and I need to figure out how to get there.

Currently Im thinking dump some terminator pistons/rods into my mach block so the bottom end if forged then....then Im thinking supercharger or turbo....I can get some good deals on paxton or vortec's...but I dunno if they will make me enough power....id like to make 550 wheel but be able to turn the boost up to about 700 wheel hp. So, Im thinking turbo will be good for this...ive looked at the hellion kits, which are nice, but $6k for single turbo seems alot.

any suggestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Get a paxton, I'm at 576 with just 13# of boost on a 2V. The novi 2000 can spool over 20#. Turbos are aslo very cool, but just like you said they are pricey!

Im with you on the paxton....there is a mach here in town with a novi 2000(i think thats what it is)....its make 580 rwhp on 15psi and a full exhaust ,and all the little bolt ons........il just say it goes like a ****er

Do you have a built bottom end? If it's still a stocker it will break at those HP levels. Also heads can only flow so much...intake is only so big....these also are expensive issues. 700 HP is pretty hard to obtain with out a good base.

Do you have a built bottom end? If it's still a stocker it will break at those HP levels. Also heads can only flow so much...intake is only so big....these also are expensive issues. 700 HP is pretty hard to obtain with out a good base.

it'll be a forged bottom end...so thats fine....heads and intake are almost exactly the same as terminators...so since they can make tons on stock heads/intake, i should be fine there as well.

You should be in that range once you get it tuned for 101 octane maybe..get a handheld tuner and keep 3 tunes on it, your stock tune NA, 93 octane for DDing and a 101 track tune.

Paxton and Vortech also have kits that allow use of your shaker's functionality as well I believe.

well me personally i would like to get a twin turbo kit just because i am getting tired of hearing ricer blow off valves in my ears when they drive by. so i would like to get a twin turbo just the the simple reason then i can let them hear my blow off valve in there ear and maybe blow over there car:shrug:

other than that i think supercharger wine is straight up nasty:nice:

the novi 2k will get u plenty of power but 700 is going to be pretty tough to get to even with a TT. if u get a novi kit you will save a good bit of money and throw that money into some ported heads and a good set of blower cams and you will get to ur goal and you will still probably save money from buying a TT.

well me personally i would like to get a twin turbo kit just because i am getting tired of hearing ricer blow off valves in my ears when they drive by. so i would like to get a twin turbo just the the simple reason then i can let them hear my blow off valve in there ear and maybe blow over there car:shrug:

other than that i think supercharger wine is straight up nasty:nice:

the novi 2k will get u plenty of power but 700 is going to be pretty tough to get to even with a TT. if u get a novi kit you will save a good bit of money and throw that money into some ported heads and a good set of blower cams and you will get to ur goal and you will still probably save money from buying a TT.

hahah, ya, id love to do turbo just to be different, but $6k for just a tt setup, not including drivetrain and such....ouch

I dont think 700 hp should be too tough, with boltons and a 2.4kb, my buddy made 650 rwhp on 93 octane hehe. mind you, terminator motor and mine are almost identical. i know a kb prolly flows better or w/e, but im still thinking 700 is doable