how to hook up 87 + lights/bumper to 86 car

mr5o

Founding Member
Jan 28, 2001
Ontario, Canada
the bumper part is straight forward but how do i get the 87 lights to work instead of having the 4 head lights..the resaon i am doing this is the 86 front end is damaged and i have a hood and bumper off and 87

• Sponsors (?)

Mavrick said:
Why the flames if he's fixing his beater? This "save the four eyes" crap sure gets annoying.. (even though i like them, and frown upon aero conversions)

Couldn't agree more. I get flamed some when people(HardCore 4 eye guys) find out I swapped to and aero interior. I say if it's a hot-rod then do what you want and be happy. But I can see if the car is to be restored, then I say keep it all orignal as possible...

On a good note for the aero swap is parts for us 4 eye guys to buy for extra's :D

I guess its kinda like the idea of a caddy front grill on a chevy truck. Why try to pose as something your not. If you wanna caddy, buy a caddy. if you cant afford it, then either deal with what you got or start savin up. Just dont be phoney about things I guess. (Posers drive me nuts).

Now I understand what the post is about. A busted car thats gettin runnin. I dont think anyone has issues with it. Its more to the guys with a perfectly good front end who rip it off and slap another newer nose on it.

Like you said above each person owns THEIR car and can color it pink and put honda badges on it if they wanna. But you do ask for replies and opinions when you post on an open forum. Replies and opinions are just want your gettin.

have a nice evening fellas.
Joe E.

Euphoric306 said:
who cares... its a 4banger

exactly ...my other car has over 350hp i dont care what the beater looks like the 4 eyes are alright i just want to swap the new one on cause i have all the parts needed to swap it including a ram air hood that i have in the garage all i want is to hook up the lights and everybody is tellin me not to ..im doing it wether you guys flame me or not i'll just have to figure it out on my own ....its not a big deal the car is old slow and in need of some work ...all my extra cash goes to the 5.0 so i dont want to go buy a new bumper....someones gotta know how to do it and not care that im switching it

Myke86GT said:
Couldn't agree more. I get flamed some when people(HardCore 4 eye guys) find out I swapped to and aero interior.

400797_131_full.jpg

400797_135_full.jpg

:drool:

I like the Aero interior in your car! :nice:

Sorry man, just get over the conversion, and go buy an aero car. If you are getting fusterated by the resistance here, wait till you hit the rear world with that bastard child aero nose convert. You'll NEVER get respect, and always dogged by everyone in the mustang know. It'll be bad. It's serious taboo, beater or not, it is what it is, and you taking that from that car will put you in a category only shared with ricers and butchers.

I'm sorry to be so harsh on you, but frankly, if respect in the mustang world is important to you, you won't do this. If you don't give a damn, go for it, but we've all warned you.

Mavrick said:
Why the flames if he's fixing his beater? This "save the four eyes" crap sure gets annoying.. (even though i like them, and frown upon aero conversions)

I was gonna flame but these these folks did a stellar job so I will provide actual help instead.

You'll need a pair of headlight plugs from the "help!" nicknack section of autozone/napa whatever your local store is.

The 4 eyes are wired as such

low beams have 3 wires: ground, low and highbeam
high beams have 2 wires: ground and high

Colors will match between the lows/high's wires

Splice the highs together and connect to the high of the fox plug, splice the grounds together and connect to ground wire on the fox plug and connect the low wire to low wire on the plug. The switch should be more than adequate.

The turn and cornering sockets with bulb will twist right into the aero light pods.

BTW, your straight steel 4-eye bumper will inadequately support the aero bumper so you'll get some sagging on the edges and the very very front.

Hope this helped!

Pete.

LONG LIVE THE 4 EYES! HAHAHAHA!

thanks crazypete atleast one person on here out of the 90000 members can bite the bullet and fight the resistance of the 4 eye guys ...im not sure why its such a big deal ive been in the mustang family for over 5 years now (bought my 5.0 when i was 17) i eat breathe and sleep mustangs and i find it funny that wanting to change a bumper makes me almost an out cast lol ... thanks for the help crazypete and as for the rest of you dont be so childish all i wanted to do was change a bumper and it started a big flame war ..but theres only one problem i wasnt asking your opinion i was just asking for help ...i think when i take off all the 86 parts they should go to the dump just out of spite lol cause there not worth saving for a bunch of complainers ...

Actually, if you stick them in the classifieds, COMPLETE WITH MOLDINGS, then you can make quite a killing. I say 250 for the moldings and another 300 for the bumpers. Someone will take it eventually.

The thing you need to see is the 4-eyes are just now passing that magical invisible boundary line from "old cars" into the "classics" category. This is the same reaction I think you would see if you were to post in the classic section about de-65ing a 65.

So save the stuff and be gentle with it so you can make some pretty cash letting crazy people like myself do aero->4eyes swaps.

I know a place (stang yard) where you can get a full aero BLACK interior. Guy has tons of them (and non black ones too for whatever reason you would want an interior that wasnt BLACK). The 4-eye interior looks goofy with the aero body. I would swap the dash at the least.