How to Install Granatelli weight jackers and adjust them correctly?

SilverBullit

Founding Member
Jul 8, 2001
Tulsa, OK
I just purchased some weight jackers and was wondering how to adjust them right? Do you just lengthen the bearing side to fit like stock? Do you need to get new spring isolators when installing to? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Casey

• Sponsors (?)

i just put those same control arms on my car this weekend and i just lengthend them to the stock length, all of my pinion angles are fine. i didnt need need upper isolaters but it depends on what condition yours are in. myne looked brand new so i re-used them, but if yours are cracked or anything i would replace them. BTW i had a hell of a time putting in the polyurethane side of the LCA's cause the bushing's are too thick for the rearend.

Measure your stock arms...center hole to center hole. Adjust the new arms to that length(i'm thinking 17 3/4" off the top of my head). You'll probably need to remove the bushing pin on the poly side, grind it down a little....makes installing it much easier. Don't forget to tighten the lock nut on the heim joint when finished. :D

You don't need new isolators..only if they are bad.

I give it two weeks before you start hearing the annoying squeaks that are common with these control arms. A combination of poor grade “polyurethane” bushings and slightly “out-of-tolerance” bolt bushing is the source (incase you start wondering where the noise is coming from). I’ve had mine for about a year. A few other people I know with these arms also have this issue. What I’m always worrying about is sheering off the bolt that locks the spring cup to the arm...poor design.

Good luck.

I'm having a problem installing these. After i took the stock stuff out and was trying to put the new ones in, it looks like the rearend shifter a little to one side and i can't get the new ones to line up. The passenge side arm is like 5 inches to short I adjusted them to stock length and even if I try to put the stockers back in they are to short as well. What do I need to do to get these things installed?

Thanks

as long as both the arms are adjusted to the corrcet length they should be fine. you must have had something shift on you. if it's off that much it should definatly be noticable. put some jackstands under the subframes and try to maneuver the rearend so you can get everything bolted back up.