How to remove scratches in wheel clear-coat

Back2Mustangs

Sep 2, 2004
You know that clear coating that comes on the FR500 and Bullitt replica wheels... well, the paint shop got paint dust on my wheels and they must have used a 3M pot-scrubber pad to get my wheels clean because they are scratched all to F***. How can I get the scratches out of that clear coating on the wheels? I don't know if polishing compound will work on it or not. Any sugguestions?

• Sponsors (?)

Trying to get the paint shop to buy me new wheels would be more costly than just buying new wheels myself. The clear coat is just scratched and scuffed. I'm guessing that trying to have them re-clear coated would be more cost and trouble than just buying new wheels also. I started a GP at the former MustangTuning.com and they gave us a really good deal on the FR500's. Since I sold so many wheels for them they hooked me up and I got a set of Anthracite 18x9/18x10's for under $400.00. I suppose I'll go buy new rims if the scratches starts to urk me. I was just hoping someone new if that clear coating would polish up with some mild compound or something...