How too

Beasty306GT

Dec 19, 2002
Oxford,Mass
Hey fellow stangers...I got my 17" cobra rims installed today. I was wondering how everyone painted the drums and calipers?? What paint and what steps to take....I know im gonna have to wire brush the surface rust off.....all ideas and thought are appreciated....Also i need a set of center caps for the new cobra wheels 4 lug.....does anyone know where i can buy those from??? :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

When I painted my last set of drums, I just took 'em off, wire-brushed the rust off, sprayed them with brake cleaner, and then sprayed them with VHT Brake Caliper Paint (gloss black ... actually works good for painting wheels, too). They've held up pretty darned good for the past couple of years. Caliper painting would be pretty much the same affair (brush, clean, spray), although I wouldn't advise disconnecting them from the brake hoses without plugging the banjo bolt hole, or you'll wind up spraying paint and crap into there that could mess with things.

I don't even think I needed to wait 30 minutes for the drums to dry enough for me to handle to throw 'em back on there. :nice:

I use this stuff right here http://www.g2usa.com/ . to me this product is one of the best on the market. I have used it on my explorer's which are year round vehicle's and have gone through winter and never lost the glossy finish or chipped. I have it on my contour's calipers for 6yrs now and they still look brand new. very easy to use, no spraying mix the hardner and brush on.