How will it sound going to DUMPS?

I'm tapped on cash after last winters motor build, and this winters suspentiion and TKO 500, plus etc. I got a LX and buddy (trying to be nice) bought some tail pipes GT (hung really low) so Their gone. I cant fit it in the budget for this year to buy different tail pipes, but I say that about everything I do to the Stang. Anyways, how will it sound by just running dumps off my 40series (delta), w/ off road H pipe and long tubes. I dont want it to be obnoxious but louder than w/ the tail pipes.

• Sponsors (?)

i have an off road h-pipe and 2 chamber flows that are dumped and they drone like ****in mad. But after around 3000 they sound like normal mufflers just loud. ANd like said before, you will get the smell of gas in your car. Just sitting in traffic it smells like a gas leak under your car. But its all good, sounds fine and doesnt bother me that much.

Actually my drone disappeared after switching to dumps. It sounds really good, and is loud as heck until you're just cruising, then it quiets down. It's great, just try it. It only costs like $12 for the parts.

I've always done dumps and they sound awsome,but you get some serious drone and everyone else is right about the fumes,but as for the sound bad ass,so it just depends on what you want. Plus if you like the old school look of reving the car and watching everything on the ground blow out from underneath the dumps are good!

My car has MAC pro-dumps and I honestly don't much like it. You can't hear **** when you're in the car. Outside the car it sounds nice but if you're going to be using your car for driving around at all and not just strip racing, it kinda sucks.

manpowermustang said:
Im gonna give it a try. The only thing that I dont think Ill care for is the smell. Once in a great while my kids are in the car.

So then you just mod up some hangers? I have the ones cut off on the H pipe the made it hang to loe.

There should be some hangers on your mufflers holding it up.

manpowermustang said:
That sounds awsome.

They are 2 chambe 40 series Deltas. I know that the Delta series arent as loud as the original but they were Free and whats the next best thing to Free? NOTHING! So I use'em.

Does it make a huge diff if there 2 chamber or 3?
Oh yeah,,3 chambers are alot quieter,and they dont drone!! I had them(now there in my closet) there not much louder then stock!!

mr_woodster said:
it will be loud alright...you know how people say flowmasters drone. Well, your about to take that to the 10th degree.

I agree, this kid at school has a stang and he put dumps on it and while hes crusing EVERYTHING shakes in his car. Its nuts. he does have flowmaster 2 chambers, but still, and I like nice tail pipes for looks, just me I guess. I've been in stangs that have 2 chambers with tail pipes and there wasnt that much shaking. Soon I'll have some orginal 40s on my stang with tail pipes :D

I ran my 2 chamber flows dumped for about 6 months. I never really noticed any fumes personally and I have an off-road h pipe. At certain rpm's though it droned like mad and all of the change in my console would shake around as well as watching my rearview mirror vibrating. They sounded great though I just got tired of it and put some tail pipes back on. I am actually thinking of ditching the flows for something a little more quiet, but then again I am getting old so you might enjoy the dumps more than me . :D :nice:

I was thinking about getting a Bassani o/r x and bassani cat back thats dumbed before the axle. how does that sound?
i have a o/r x and 2 chamber flows dumped now.