How Would You Rate Your Mustang Experience?

• Sponsors (?)

There is no better stress releaver for me. I can have a terrible day, week, month whatever and it quickly changes.
well, if there is no better stress reliever for you,....then why let it go a whole month before you use it? Seems to me, if you are stressed and you have the cure in your garage,...you'd get in it before even a couple of days built up?:shrug:

No time pretty much. I usually try to make one day a week now to have time to go for a drive. Sometimes it turns into longer though.
well, if there is no better stress reliever for you,....then why let it go a whole month before you use it? Seems to me, if you are stressed and you have the cure in your garage,...you'd get in it before even a couple of days built up?:shrug:

Drove mine more then 2 miles yesterday for the first time since December. Almost how I remember it. It felt quite a bit faster then I remember. That new dizzy might have found some hp in there.

It's loud, it rattles, that stupid speedo bounces like a kid on a trampoline at pretty much every speed. Glad I still have it though. :)

Hard to compare the stock performane of a new GT to a mofidied Fox and be objective. ;)

Mine is an SN95. I did actually drive a 2011 GT automatic in November 2010 at Ford's official launch of the new model in Dubai and I loved it. Yes, it was very quick and the 3.7 V6 model was no slouch either. Mine falls somewhere in between performance-wise.
I also drove a Camaro SS automatic this year at the Yas Marina dragstrip in Abu Dhabi in 13.221 @ 108.14 so it was only slightly quicker than mine and it definitely felt slower than the 2011 GT, especially at launch.

Absolutely love my Fox. So much so that I sold this:
STANG.JPG

to get this:
Stang small.jpg

Don't get me wrong the ease and comfort of the 05 was nice, but the 89 is a blast.

I can't speak for him, but i don't think i'd want my car as a DD because i don't ever want to get bored with it. I love missing my car...it's almost like i look for reasons not to drive it, so i don't ever get numb to it. I'll go a month or two without driving it, and it's like losing your virginity all over again.

I can't speak for him, but i don't think i'd want my car as a DD because i don't ever want to get bored with it. I love missing my car...it's almost like i look for reasons not to drive it, so i don't ever get numb to it. I'll go a month or two without driving it, and it's like losing your virginity all over again.

I'm the same way. I tend to get bored easily with toys. I got bored of my ZX6R after 2 years and a 260hp jet ski after a year, but no matter what I did, I never got bored of my fox. That was probably mostly attributed to the fact that I never really drove it much.

I'm the same way. I tend to get bored easily with toys. I got bored of my ZX6R after 2 years and a 260hp jet ski after a year, but no matter what I did, I never got bored of my fox. That was probably mostly attributed to the fact that I never really drove it much.

It's comforting just knowing it's there. Right now i have the interior tore out so i can't drive it and it's making me crazy. I have other hobbies to keep me busy, but even when i can't drive it sometimes i just open the garage and look at it lol.

Reactions: 1 user
Compared to my last vehicle which was a SRT 10 Ram/Amazing!! The fox is loud on the inside, smells like exhaust, and way slower! But I love the "crustang" as it has been nicknamed by my buddies and its so easy/cheap to work on that I can't see myself selling it any time soon.

My daily is a 2003 Focus, all stock but well maintained. I've never really driven a newer stang, only the SN95 and Edge...

I'd have to say I enjoy the 86 GT. It's not stock, it's a little harsh on the ride and I do feel the bumps pretty good but that's expected if you're going to build something that can handle some sort of curvy road. The available power is great (once boost kicks in) and the thing grabs a lot of attention - a lot more than a modded 2012 (imo). What I HATE is having to share the road. A new Mustang I won't care so much if it gets wrecked, I can get another one the next day. With an old "clean" fox, it's not so easy. Add to that a 4 eye orange/red T-top and you're screwed for finding something as clean and quickly (at least in my area, not very easy to find)...

However old cars have their problems, they require a little more work. They can break down easier and you're stuck fixing it (no warranty). On some days, I don't trust mine. But I go on 7 hour road trips without issues.

I was about to use my 93 Mustang GT as a trade-in for a current Corvette zo6. I also had it for sale for a short time. I had a big For Sale sign on it as well. And, there were countless number of times where i seriously thought about selling it.

What's interesting is that every time in try part from my Mustang, it does something that convinces me to keep it. When i tried to use it as trade-in for a zo6, i backed out of the deal because is raced a zo6 and whooped it! Granted that my 19 year old Mustang is modified to the hilt, nevernonethess, i beat the zo6. So i kept it.

Additionally, my Stang is LOUD! I'm so used to people turning their head that i no longer notice it. Local police appear to know me and i actually got pulled over by a policeman only to have him look my engine and ask a ton onf questions for he was buying a supercharged 89 'GT. My nephew says that i am labeled as "the guy with the loud-ass Mustang", amongst his friends.

Lastly, the amount of blood, sweat, tears and $$$ that i put into this car, it's only right that i keep this car indefinitely! I could have bought a Ferrari or 2, by now! All of the scars that i have on my hands and arms are because of my Mustang.

So much history... So many memories... So many bumps and bruises... So many scars and scratches AND so much $$$ i put into this car!- I must have been crazy insane for even thinking about parting with it.

10/10 across the board!