hurray for gear whine!

Well I changed the tranny fluid, and I'm still hearing that noise. My friend was in the car with me, and he said he couldn't hear sh1t. The noise I'm hearing is very faint, and sounds like a whine/howl. Maybe I'm going crazy:bang: . Any ideas?

On a positive note- she shifts pretty smoothe now. First gear seems a lot better.

• Sponsors (?)

the98stang said:
Well I changed the tranny fluid, and I'm still hearing that noise. My friend was in the car with me, and he said he couldn't hear sh1t. The noise I'm hearing is very faint, and sounds like a whine/howl. Maybe I'm going crazy:bang: . Any ideas?

On a positive note- she shifts pretty smoothe now. First gear seems a lot better.

I still think it's a input shaft/main shaft bearing.

the98stang said:

:( Well dang...but hey it wasnt a waste, im sure it REALLY needed a fluid change anyways, and glad its shifting smoother (mine did too).

You know if its that light, I wouldnt worry too much about it man. I was thinking it was pretty loud for some reason. But just drive it, if it starts getting louder then you can start looking for a nice viper spec T 56 :D. If it doesnt get louder, you dont have anything to worry about :nice: . (like I said, I dont have the T-45 so im not sure if thats a normal noise)

hotmustang331 said:
:( Well dang...but hey it wasnt a waste, im sure it REALLY needed a fluid change anyways, and glad its shifting smoother (mine did too).

You know if its that light, I wouldnt worry too much about it man. I was thinking it was pretty loud for some reason. But just drive it, if it starts getting louder then you can start looking for a nice viper spec T 56 :D. If it doesnt get louder, you dont have anything to worry about :nice: . (like I said, I dont have the T-45 so im not sure if thats a normal noise)

+1

as I have said in this thread my t-45 has had a whine in second gear for the whole ime I have owned the car. it's been the same and never got worse. If I was you I would just move on and forget it. Big waste of money to pull the trans and rebuild it now.

svttech76 said:
+1

as I have said in this thread my t-45 has had a whine in second gear for the whole ime I have owned the car. it's been the same and never got worse. If I was you I would just move on and forget it. Big waste of money to pull the trans and rebuild it now.

Yea I guess I'll just live with it. Thanks for the info guys.