Hurst short throw shifter installed!!!

Scootr68

Jun 12, 2004
Tallmadge,OH
I have to say that this is one of the best mods out there for us manual guys/gals. I can't imagine the grin I must have had while test driving it, I had no buzzes,vibes,sounds'clunks or anything else I've reading about on several forums. Got mine for $100 bucks from TINO :nice: ON 4.0 COLLECTIVE FORUMS.

Took me about 2 hours between the beer/smoke union breaks.lol!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Nice mod. Pleased to hear all turned out well. I have performed a few of said "beermods". lol I found all is well until there are more beers than components and leftover spacers and bolts are never a good thing. :D

Getting the old shifter out from inside the car is a trick. Just be patient and you'll find just the right angle for it to come out. The rear of the shifter hangs up coming out of the hole. I used a screwdriver to pry it the 1/16th of an inch it was hanging up on. You'll see what I mean once you get to the removal part. Also, use a bit of silicon on the rubber grommet that goes on the new shifter shaft for the top of the shifter boot. Stretching the factory leather boot over that grommet can be a pita without the silicon.

Installed mine this morning. Thanks for the tips Scooter, I had to use the screwdriver persuasion method on the removal and it worked well.
I can't believe the difference in how shifting feels with the Hurst, it is dramatically more solid and I no longer feel like I'm rowing a boat.
I would highly recommend this mod, it makes driving a manual as it should be.

Installed mine this morning. Thanks for the tips Scooter, I had to use the screwdriver persuasion method on the removal and it worked well.
I can't believe the difference in how shifting feels with the Hurst, it is dramatically more solid and I no longer feel like I'm rowing a boat.
I would highly recommend this mod, it makes driving a manual as it should be.

Awesome, glad the install went well...isn't it quite amazing in the difference:nice: