I could use some input on drivetrain upgrades please...

DC-GT

Nov 25, 2003
I am fixing to add some serious HP, at least for me, to my GT. I need to beef up the rest of the drive train before I go for tires that will hook it up. I don't want to blow it up trying to get some 1/4 mile times.

I was thinking about the SPEC stage II clutch but I am not sure about the rear end. I keep hearing about 31 spline axles, I could use my help here. Then I was curious about the actual differential. Is there a locker of sorts to make the rear end seem like it is a solid axle, but disengages for regular street driving? I found something that looks like it will do what I am looking for but it is pricy. They are called Eaton Electromagnetic Locking Differentials. Anyoen ever used these or heard anything good/bad about them?

I am having trouble finding any kind of kit that has both 31 spline axles and differential or even just the axles.

Thanks for the help!

Bo

• Sponsors (?)

DC-GT said:
I am fixing to add some serious HP, at least for me, to my GT. I need to beef up the rest of the drive train before I go for tires that will hook it up. I don't want to blow it up trying to get some 1/4 mile times.

I was thinking about the SPEC stage II clutch but I am not sure about the rear end. I keep hearing about 31 spline axles, I could use my help here. Then I was curious about the actual differential. Is there a locker of sorts to make the rear end seem like it is a solid axle, but disengages for regular street driving? I found something that looks like it will do what I am looking for but it is pricy. They are called Eaton Electromagnetic Locking Differentials. Anyoen ever used these or heard anything good/bad about them?

I am having trouble finding any kind of kit that has both 31 spline axles and differential or even just the axles.

Thanks for the help!

Bo

well the spec clutch is definately a good start. as for the axles; strange & moser make really good stuff :nice: & the two basic choices you have for the differential are eaton :nice: & auburn :notnice: , well at least that is my experience with the two differentials. eaton makes some quality stuff. hope it helps some :nice:

c2see21 said:
well the spec clutch is definately a good start. as for the axles; strange & moser make really good stuff :nice: & the two basic choices you have for the differential are eaton :nice: & auburn :notnice: , well at least that is my experience with the two differentials. eaton makes some quality stuff. hope it helps some :nice:

Gotcha! Thanks for the heads up!

Bo