I just bought a new truck (pics)

795.0pacecar

lover of pudgy polygamists
Jul 11, 2003
Senoia, GA
I've been looking for something to use to tow my mustang occasionally to the track with, and being the kind of person I am, I obviously couldn't do it with a regular F150, so yesterday I traded in my 99 ranger and bought this 2003 dark shadow grey lighting. It has 69,000 miles on it. The only mod it has so far is a magnaflow muffler. This thing sounds wicked when I get on it, between the blower whine and the exhaust, its just nuts. I am super excited lol. Now I have something to bring to the drag strip since my car is a road course car.

• Sponsors (?)

13,600, Im pretty stoked. My favorite colors are DSG and that real dark blue like the lightning that the other guy on here just bought.

The only thing that in my eyes would make this truck perfect is if it had the other style lightning wheels.

That's a good price, nice pick up. I paid 22k for mine a year and a half ago, man how prices have dropped. :(

What are your planned mods(if any)? All mine has is a K&N FIPKII and 2" drop shackles in the rear, if I don't put it up for sale I think I'm going to get a FTVB for it as well. I'm scurred to put a lower pulley on it.

That's a good price, nice pick up. I paid 22k for mine a year and a half ago, man how prices have dropped. :(

What are your planned mods(if any)? All mine has is a K&N FIPKII and 2" drop shackles in the rear, if I don't put it up for sale I think I'm going to get a FTVB for it as well. I'm scurred to put a lower pulley on it.

Pretty much the only thing I have planned is to put a K&N filter in it. My mustang is my real toy so Im not really going to mess with this truck.

Pretty much the only thing I have planned is to put a K&N filter in it. My mustang is my real toy so Im not really going to mess with this truck.

That's cool, that is how I am as well for the most part. Just a little tip, look for a used "CAI" instead of just buying a replacement drop in filter. I got my entire FIPKII for $75 off of SVTP. A replacement filter will cost you probably 40-50$ anyways, have fun.

looks killer - i saw a silver one on the road tonight and was drooling.

just one question though - whats with the grille? thats the base model type grille - the lightning grille should have a pattern resembling the lower grille

112_0306_z+2003_ford_f_150_svt_lightning_pickup+front_right.jpg

Attachments

• 112_0306_z+2003_ford_f_150_svt_lightning_pickup+front_right.jpg
    112_0306_z+2003_ford_f_150_svt_lightning_pickup+front_right.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 82
I just wish they were a little better on gas..

I think a tune and intake would help in that dept. I'd love to get one if they weren't so bad on gas. :(

Nice truck btw i LOVE it!

Define what you call "bad"? About any truck you buy won't get much better gas mileage than the L will. Sure some of the V6 trucks that are 2wd will get a good bit better but they won't go run 13's stock either.:D Most fullsize V8 trucks will get about the same with less power, they aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Mine gets right at 16mpg, of course you have to drive it like a sane person to get that but they will do it when you just "drive" it.

Define what you call "bad"? About any truck you buy won't get much better gas mileage than the L will. Sure some of the V6 trucks that are 2wd will get a good bit better but they won't go run 13's stock either.:D Most fullsize V8 trucks will get about the same with less power, they aren't as bad as people make them out to be. Mine gets right at 16mpg, of course you have to drive it like a sane person to get that but they will do it when you just "drive" it.

bad would be 12-14....

is 16mpg around town or highway? I get 18mpg with my jeep on the highway and i wouldn't want to replace it with something that got anything worse. if i could put an exhaust, and intake on it and possibly a tune to increase gas mileage while driving like a sane person, i'd be all over an L. I LOVEEEEE them as much as i love a termi :nice: