I love Super bowl Sunday!!

revhead347

Apparently my ex-husband made that mistake.
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Jun 14, 2004
Acworth, GA
It's simply the best day of the year. 10 minutes to kick off and I was out the door. Empty Streets, empty stores, the town is yours. I spent an hour at Walmart, and all the employees are trying to help you. I checked out every aisle in the store. I needed new suction cups for my Valentine One, and it was the perfect day to go find them. Usually there is at least a 20 minute check out, not today, 5 cashiers standing at the end of their lane smiling. Life is just so much nicer when there aren't 500 assholes crowding you.

Kurt

• Sponsors (?)

ChosenWisely.jpg

i'm not the biggest football fan either, but we have a friend who has a big party every year with great food and free wine and beer, so it's worth it

for super bowls, i thought this was one of the more exciting games

i like to see the commercials

My Valentine One came with the suction cup bracket and visor bracket. I kept going through suction cups too. Would get in my car and the radar would be on the ground plus it was roasting in the sun on the windshield. I'm using the visor bracket now. You may want to try it too. My radar sits under the passenger side visor, it will never fall and it won't roast. Just a thought.

i'm not the biggest football fan either, but we have a friend who has a big party every year with great food and free wine and beer, so it's worth it

for super bowls, i thought this was one of the more exciting games

i like to see the commercials

Yup...pretty funny that more people now watch the Superbowl to see the commercials and the halftime show than do the game itself.

....I'm one of them. :D

It makes absolutely no sense in my mind. I guess it has to do with your exposure when you were a kid. My dad grew up on a small farming island on the arctic circle. He didn't have electricity until he was 8 years old, and I don't think he ever had a tv growing up. So he was never exposed to any organized sports, and never had any interest. So obviously I never grew up watching any sports on tv. If I tried to watch a game on tv I could possibly die of boredom.

Kurt

My Valentine One came with the suction cup bracket and visor bracket. I kept going through suction cups too. Would get in my car and the radar would be on the ground plus it was roasting in the sun on the windshield. I'm using the visor bracket now. You may want to try it too. My radar sits under the passenger side visor, it will never fall and it won't roast. Just a thought.

Yeah, I have the visor attachment and the remote display in my Mustang. Not that it's much use in there. I have an electronic noise supressor on the power supply and the ignition system still makes the V1 go bat :poo: the whole time. Before I started spraying the car, the problem would go away once the spark plugs got a lot of miles on them, but now that I run nitrous on the car I change the plugs frequently, and they never wear out. I bought this V1 in 1999, so it's almost 13 years old now. I have to use the suction cups in the truck, because the visor would be completely out of my field of vision. The first set of suction cups made it 13 years, and they finally just got too stiff and stopped suctioning to the window. I'm not sure how old you are, but I remember when I was a kid they used to sell these stain glass design kits. It would be a little metal frame with a design on it, and you would put these colored pellets in the frame and then bake it in the oven to make a little stained glass thing that you could hang in your window. I remembered that they always came with suction cups. Sure enough, I went the through the Walmart arts and crafts department and they still sell those kits. They even sell a whole box of replacement suction cups for just over $2. I bought the suction cups and two of them worked perfectly.

Kurt

revhead347

Yeah if you have loose visors the V1 will weigh it down. Mine had dropped so many times since I've had it (2007) I'm surprised it hasn't broke yet. The visor one makes me feel better I guess.

I'm that old that I do remember the glass baking, thanks for the reminder.