I need a ballpark figure

SexyStang1994

Founding Member
Jan 18, 2002
Daytona Beach, Florida
Hey everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted haha. I miss stangnet!

Anways, I want to do a turbo setup for my stang. I want to use a dart block and I'm not sure what brand/size turbo yet.

What is a ballpark figure for this setup? :eek:

I'm addicted to the show PINKS! :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

You'll EASILY spend >$12K on a dart block based turbo buildup. The turbo kit and dart shortblock alone will account for >$10k if not more. Add to that the fuel system, tuning requirements, etc and you'll quickly surpass $12K.

Killercanary said:
You'll EASILY spend >$12K on a dart block based turbo buildup. The turbo kit and dart shortblock alone will account for >$10k if not more. Add to that the fuel system, tuning requirements, etc and you'll quickly surpass $12K.

Keep going... I'm at 14k right now on a 354 N/A build with a stock block! The trans and rear are going to need swapped out, either now or after you break it,your going to need a good cooling system,not to mention a good ignition system, then you have to get all that power to the ground with new uppers,lowers, subframe connecters,a decent set of drag radials. Then you still have all the gauges,any exaust changes, maybe a front K member to get it all to fit... the list just keeps going. Every time you think your getting close to done, somthing else pops up. If I didn't have 17k-20k to spend I'd go a different way.

Lets see:

Nice flowing Dart long block: est. cost - $7,500 give or take some change.
T-76+ Turbo Race kit est. cost - $4500 - 5500 not including install labor.
Upgraded fuel system to support 700+ rwhp est. cost - $1000.
Transmission + support parts est. cost - $1000 - 2000+.
Stand alone tuning system w/ WBO2 - est. cost - $1500 - 2000+.
Countless hours tuning on the dyno or street by professional est. cost - $800 - 1000.
Built rear end to handle the new power and torque est. cost - $1500.
Misc. parts, gaskets, and whatever else you will eventually need est. cost - $2000.
All the down time your car is going to have to get this all done and back on the road est. cost - LOOOOOONG TIME

Est. total cost of build to do it right: up to $22,500+

Good luck,

Will

Dart 9.5" Deck 351W Mains
3.75" Stroke Eagle Forged Crank
Pro Topline Heads
Super Victor EFI intake
Crane Linkbar Lifters
Custom Cam
$5000

Fuel - ~1000

Tuning - Megasquirt ~500 depending on how I do it