I need advice!

I own a 2000 Ford Mustang six cylinder. It currently has 82,000 miles on it. I love this car but i want more power. I was going to put a procharger on it but decided not to becuase of the high mileage. I need some advice on what to do. Should I swap the engine for a V8? Should I buy a new V6 engine and throw a procharger on it? Or is there other options for me? Selling this car and buying a V8 isn't an alternative; it was my first car and it holds great sentimental value to me. Any ideas on what I should do?

• Sponsors (?)

if u have no leaking oil or any other normal probs throw on the super charger.i put mine on my car last april with 70k on it. i have the 11psi procharger.

I race it hard every fri night at the track i went for a total of 75 runs this past year i missed a few fridays due to other plans,rain, vacation.

I now have 84k on the car and it still runs strong good compression to

AlleyStang2000 said:
I own a 2000 Ford Mustang six cylinder. It currently has 82,000 miles on it. I love this car but i want more power. I was going to put a procharger on it but decided not to becuase of the high mileage. I need some advice on what to do. Should I swap the engine for a V8? Should I buy a new V6 engine and throw a procharger on it? Or is there other options for me? Selling this car and buying a V8 isn't an alternative; it was my first car and it holds great sentimental value to me. Any ideas on what I should do?

I say swap the engine for a V8 and then throw a procharger in it

Just curious because i have a 2001 v6, but will a v8 engine fit into the engine bay without a problem? Because as a project over the next few years i think i'm gunna put together a nice super charged v8 engine

Some guys in 5.0 put a v10 in a Mustang... so yeah, an 8 will fit ;) 302 will fit well but if you put a 351 in, you'll need a a raised hood like a stalker or just a 3" cowl hood. If you plan on racing your a good bit and you're really worried about compression, get your cylinders bored and get dished forged pistons, forged rods, etc. All brand new internals would be wonderful. If you have the money, get a cam and/or stroker kit while you're getting this done. Someone made a 4.3 stroker for us 3.8 guys, supersix maybe? I'm not sure. Get that stuff done, and the rest of the stuff is pretty easy.

My girlfriends uncle has his own bodyshop and will help me with the project. He said he could get me a low mileage 289 engine and a tranny for around $800. From reading previous posts I believe that dropping a V8 would be a major headache. But in the long run I think it would be well worth it. I'm still undecided...