I need help! Low Fuel light on right after fill?

evil281

Jan 6, 2008
Arizona
I have a 99 mustang gt and a couple months ago the low fuel light would come on just very randomly sometimes even the day after a fill up so i know it wasnt right. well anyway it hasnt done this in probly 5 months but yesturday I filled up a full tank and this morning on my way to work the low fuel light came on again, Id really like to fix this for good, any suggestions as to what it is?

• Sponsors (?)

I have the same problem with my bullitt!!
When I fill up it tells me it's empty and
my car runs out of gas when its tells me that I still have a 1/2 of a tank!
From what I researched I need to replace the Sending Unit inside the fuel tank.
The part is around $100.00 but I also want to install a SVT Focus pump while I'm there....:D
(I should be getting a blower soon!!):rolleyes:

I have this same problem once in a great while. I have an 04 gt. This has happened a couple times to me. I just ignore it and eventually it goes away. I just remember to reset my milage so that I know when I need to refill. I never trust my gas gauge, because I have the same problem on my 05' explorer (still under warranty) and every time it happens I try to take it into the ford dealership and it goes away by the time I can take it in. They said they can't do anything unless I can show them that its happening. I'll admit though, its a pain sometimes.

i vote for just watching the mileage. only thing i can think of is posiblly bad wireing is your fuel guage actully saying empty or does it show a full take and the light comes on?

It shows empty tank and low fuel light is on

your float might be sticking then, in my moms chevy astro(total POS) it happen. it turned out to be a bad float and it would read like a 3/4 tank and she would be empty (hers got stuck up) yours might just be stuck down and comes lose. idk. not completly sure on how the stangs fuel readings work.

dont feel bad 98cobra281 i dont think i have one either