I need help with choosing leaf springs

davissw1

Nov 2, 2009
I was going to buy the mustangs plus kit with the 620 springs up front. I just don't know what to do about the rear. I would like to have the car sit level. I originally thought I would use 4 leaf mid eye but now am thinking about 4.5 mid eye. I am going to put 17x8 wheels if that matters. This is not a drag car just an occasional driver. I have a 66 coupe with a 289.

• Sponsors (?)

What year/model/engine? I have 550 1" drop front springs with the Shelby/Arning 1" drop and 4 1/2 mideyes in the rear, my '67 sits level. Running 15X7's with 289.
Just FYI it helps to put your car specs in your sig, saves time/questions as cars are different.
Jon

I have 5 leaf mid eye's and in the front 1" lower 620's. I did the shelby drop in the front and my car sits pretty level. the rear does sit a bit lower though so I'm gonna have to cut a half coil or so to even it out. The ride with the 5 leafs is great and that's my suggestion to you.

I would say it depends what you want from the car. Personally, I would recommend GT springs. This is what I have with KYB gas adjusts and I would definitely not want it any stiffer.

The Gas-A-Justs are what gives you the stiff feel. I freind of mine had some on his original springs and it was MUCH stiffer and less compliant than my 5 leafs. It also raised the rear of the car enough that he installed a 1" lowering block to get the car to stock height.

That may be to some extent, but I had Gabriel shocks that I picked up at the local parts store on it before when it was still an I6 with the same springs and it was almost as stiff then.

I can't believe that the KYB gas adjusts raised the car an inch. They didn't affect the ride height on mine.