I need some help with driveshaft

Coolman532

Nov 29, 2003
San Jose, CA
I have a problem. Every time my car rolls, or i am at a still position and then start moving, my car make a wierd sound that i cant discribe. I think i know what the problem is. I think its the drive shaft rubbing with something. My driveshaft is all rusted. I am looking forward to getting a new one. Any suggestions?? What to buy and what not to buy.

Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

I put an Aluminum driveshaft in mine. But it's also a little larger in diameter than the stock driveshaft, so it would probably make the rubbing worse if that is what is making the wierd noise. :shrug: I just bought mine from Steeda for $175.

find out what the noise is coming from 1st. Most all drivehafts are rusted, unless aluminum. Check your rear brakes or rotors. Unless your leaving some details out, your driveshaft is probably not the problem.

Coolman532 said:
I dont think its my rotors i just put new ones in a while back
I had a friend with Cobra that had a noise. We tought it was a rotor and it was a bent axle. jack the back of the car up .With someone inside the car , have them run the car through the gears with you looking to see what is going on.