I need some intake help ASAP!!

Sep 19, 2003
I put the new Typhoon intake on my car two days ago and went to start it up and it has a rediculously rough idle and it won't stay running for more than 45 seconds. Now I talked to the local Ford Dealership and they said it was probably a vacuum leak due to me re-using the stock gaskets. So lastnight I got some new gaskets and the same thing is happening, rough idle and the car won't stay running. Everything is connected correctly, and it is setting properly, but I don't know what the problem here is. If anyone can please help me here it would be great. I am running out of patience......

• Sponsors (?)

I put the new Typhoon intake on my car two days ago and went to start it up and it has a rediculously rough idle and it won't stay running for more than 45 seconds. Now I talked to the local Ford Dealership and they said it was probably a vacuum leak due to me re-using the stock gaskets. So lastnight I got some new gaskets and the same thing is happening, rough idle and the car won't stay running. Everything is connected correctly, and it is setting properly, but I don't know what the problem here is. If anyone can please help me here it would be great. I am running out of patience......

Spray some carb cleaner around the intake manifold. If the idle changes, you know the cleaner is being sucked in somewhere, meaning there is a vaccum leak. You can narrow down the area its leaking from, and go from there.

I can almost guarentee there is a leak somewhere.