I sat in a 2005 GT today!

Discussion in '1965 - 1973 Classic Mustangs -General/Talk-' started by 66 BLAKE 96, Feb 4, 2004.

1. 66 BLAKE 96

66 BLAKE 96 Native Texican Founding Member

Yup. I helped set up the company booth at the Tarrant County Auto Show (Fort Worth, Texas) today, and there it was. Light blue GT.

I had to be quick, as there were grumpy looking people with Ford logos on their shirts watching, but I sat behind the wheel and opened the hood. The battery was disconnected, and I couldn't move the seat out of munchkin setting, so I can't attest to how comfortable it is. That engine is just gorgeous too.

I doubt it will be open during the regular show (just vendors setting up right now), but its still worth looking at. Its sitting next to a riser that has a Ford GT on it.

It is this exact car:
    [​IMG]
  2. 65stanger

65stanger big blue fuzzy closet monster Founding Member

You are one lucky Texican.......I'm jealous!:nice:

I would say I'm green with envy, but everyone knows I'm blue! :D
  3. 66 BLAKE 96

Heheh, blue with envy will do just fine. :D
  4. electricgreen

electricgreen Founding Member

What did you think of the color? I'm hoping to see that particular color in person-I am thinking of repainting my 91 ranger a similar color (it was originally a more silver version of that color. Something Frost I think). The current color is so blah-I love the "deep" colors, like Electric Green and Performance Red (I think that's the one)....
  5. The Hopkinator

The Hopkinator New Member

Man you lucked out .That interior looks great, like the new F150. I may try and get a 6 banger for a daily driver if theyll pay off my Ranger. :shrug:
    Hmmm,,silver with black stripes maybe? :D
  6. 66 BLAKE 96

Though I'm not sure I'd want to equip whatever fire-breathing GT version that I'd like with that color, I do have to say, it is a beautiful shade of blue. That said, I have to mention that my judgement is clouded by the fact that my first Mustang, a 65 6 cyl coupe was almost exactly the same shade of blue. FWIW, my wife is in love with this color, and she has very good taste. :D

Hop, I do think that the interior is the highlight of the car, which is nice considering that the inside is what you are enjoying most while behind the wheel. I too have considered a V6 as a good daily driver, though I am tormented by the fact that the monthly payment would be just a little more for a 300 hp bad mofo. I also think grey with black stripes sounds like a great combo. :cool:
  7. The Hopkinator

The Hopkinator New Member

ok mR.,,wHO ARE you AND wHERE IS BlAKE ??? :D

Id LOVE to get a V8 too, but I drive about 35 miles one way to work :fuss:
    And theres my wife to contend with. Id look like this smiley :owned:
    if i brought home another Mustang and higher payments. She can be nasty. Her family is from the mountains of North Carolina . A place called Waynesville about 5 minutes from where that movie "Cold Mountain " is set. Why do yall think i come here to run my mouth?? I do it at home and im a dead man.
    So, most likely theres no 05 in my future . :(
  8. electricgreen

electricgreen Founding Member

Yeah, I have to agree with the fact that it just doesn't look like a "powerful" color-but from the pics, neither does "legend lime". I thought when they said they brought back colors from the classics, they would bring back colors like Grabber Green :shrug: . No offense to anyone with a car painted (close to)that color (Wind veil blue or something like that), it just doesn't seem Mustangly (is that a word) like some of the other colors...

Now, that darker blue with white stripes combo on the cover of.....oh, damn I forget which mag. Now THAT'S a combo!
  9. Edbert

Edbert Founding Member

Me too Hop, but thats only because they wont have a Cobra in 05. I'm tradin my 97 Cobra in for an 06. It'll look perfect next to my 04 FX4-150 :D
  10. 66 BLAKE 96

11. foghorn67

foghorn67 I'll save you the time and choke myself Founding Member

liar. that is not you! :D
  12. 66 BLAKE 96

Heheh, I'm smarter than I look.
  13. TxFrog1999

TxFrog1999 Founding Member

I was wondering if Ford was going to bring the 05 to Tarrant... now I have to find time this weekend to go to the show! Thanks Blake!

Oh yeah... one lucky bastard :D
  14. steelhorse

steelhorse Member

DItto :nice: