I Think I Am A Genious!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn...2 posts in a row!!! Calm down it's just the internet.

Besides, who's "flaming" you? All I'm saying is that while it is better than stock, I'm gonna need proof that it's actually any different than a normal CAI. Plus, 1 second off your 0-60 is pretty amazing. Have any timeslips?

Excuse me if I don't believe it to be the miracle you're making it out to be. I will agree that the stock airbox is pretty restrictive, but I don't think the difference can be as much as you're claiming. And if this is a true miracle, $10 for -1 second off your 0-60, I think more people would have done this already.

• Sponsors (?)

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Damn...2 posts in a row!!! Calm down it's just the internet.

Besides, who's "flaming" you? All I'm saying is that while it is better than stock, I'm gonna need proof that it's actually any different than a normal CAI. Plus, 1 second off your 0-60 is pretty amazing. Have any timeslips?

Excuse me if I don't believe it to be the miracle you're making it out to be. I will agree that the stock airbox is pretty restrictive, but I don't think the difference can be as much as you're claiming. And if this is a true miracle, $10 for -1 second off your 0-60, I think more people would have done this already.[/QUOTE]

My 0-60 went from 10 to 9 seconds. I don't think that's a rediculously hard barrier to breach. Timeslips? My car isn't even track worthy right now. I could care less if you believe me or not but I've had a friend sit in my car and average 3 runs with a stop watch like before. Thats as close to accurate as its going to get and I'm not driving 2 hours and paying whatever else I have to just to prove it. For MY car, that is much faster. And you think you're NOT flaming me by saying my thread is what makes this forum suck? Wow..

It's not like 66 couple doesn't know what he's talking about because he does.

Alot of power gains are seen from just using a high flow air filter. A $30 air filter will have the same effect has a $120 CAI. The cold air may add 1 or 2 hp, but it's primarily the air filter.

From 0-60 the ram-air will be doing squat. It will be acting like a CAI at that point.

I'm not seeing a 1 second drop in 0-60 myself. You have maybe 5-10hp with that set up. A better throttle response is biggest improvement of a CAI.

What makes the forum suck are the people that have little knowledge of automotive stuff, and its the same stuff over and over again. It's like that everywhere, though.

It's cool that you made a $120 CAI for $8.

Well maybe my driving sucked 4 months ago? I went from 10.2 to 9.4(average) and I just put a brand new set of ZR tires on the rear so it's impossible to squeak 2nd right now. Regardless of how much it REALLY works, all I know is I have seen a great improvement. And my previous time was before I had my K&N.. My old paper filter had collapsed too..it was the weirdest thing I'd ever seen.

As for knowing technical stuff..I have completely rebuilt a 1959 Evinrude Outboard that is used on the home-made boat my dad and I built. Automotively speaking...my best friend and I are restoring his 73' 315C. I'm not the most intelligent here but pulling a 4 Barrell carb completely apart and putting it back together and having it work perfectly the first time is pretty good for two first-timers, or so I think. :shrug:

And I'm not saying 66' has no idea what he's talking about. He's just implying that it does practically nothing when he has never driven, let alone SEEN my car before.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go install my 6 electric superchargers so I can get in the 11sec range in my 1/4... :banana:

Stangfanatic98 said:
Has that setup helped you at all? Have you noticed any difference?

yes, very much so

the first time I drove it with that I felt it as soon as 30mph(this was also a cold day though) got out on the hyway and my 70-100 was ALOT faster.

got no back to back et's to back it up so everyone will probobly flame me and tell me I am a ricer

I made one for my integra, kept it hidden, but I shaved .4 sec. off my 1/4 mile time for a mod that cost me 7.58. not bad....advanced my timing and got .6 sec off...free mod. lots of fun stuff to do...one word of advice...if you drive in the rain watch out...you could suck water.

ok, so you got a whole second off of timing and ram air. mabey I should get me one of those for a daily beater

btw, with mine, I have been through downpours, deep ass puddles, dirt roads, gravel roads, and snowstorms. all I ever got in my airbox was a little sand and a few small stones.

RBrainardTX said:
Instead of all the duct tape and flex tubing... why couldn't you make it out of all PVC..?

Directly off the MAF... to a 45... to a straigh pipe down behind the front bumper... to another 45... to a K&N?

understand what i mean?
Kinda like this... only all the way down to the bumper...
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/coldairDL.htm

The angles and bends would be impossible with PVC, and I'd still need an airbox.

remember, always try to have a few bends as possible. every time air has to chang direction it looses momentum.

besides, I have tried to do several intakes out of pcv. its a waste of time, you'll be happier with some aluminum ducting from home depot.

There is no way you shed evan close to a second of that time by that, you mentioned you have new "ZR" tires on there and i promise you the tires are what made the difference, do you have any idea what a second off your 60' would translate to in the 1/4? i say with a k&n and ram air you MIGHT pick up 3 tenths in the 1/4, now im not blasting your setup, its neat and effective, but no way did you knock a second, especially with your high buddy in the passenger seat messin up the stop watch, go to a track, and i PROMISE the 60' is no where near the stop watch time or pick up a G-tech or G timer, they are VERY accurate.....BTW nice setup

I've had GEFORCE 225/55 ZR rubbers, I just needed a new set put on and they got rotated to the rear. I can't scratch 2nd anymore, so that's a tenth or two of acceleration I got back.
Like I said before, the timing method is not perfect and I don't drive the exact same every time. All I'm saying is there is a very noticable difference in the output of my engine. Even if it is just 'glorified CAI' as stated before, it seems that i made a pretty damn decent one. (BTW, my ducting has 1 bend). And yes, I would like a tuner to get exact specs but I have more important things to do first..I'm working towards my catback, not for peformance, but for looks and mild tone.

My cousin did the same thing with his GT. I did something simular back when I had a 4 banger ZX2. I felt a small difference on the highway with my 4 banger... my cousin thinks he gained like 20hp with this mod lol. There was a difference but nothing real big... But for the price, it could be worth it, if you can make it look clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.