I think I'm in love!

He's here, and he's gorgeous and I am totally smitten...Now if this rain will just stop for a few days, I'll be able to drive him around for a little bit before he has to spend the winter in the garage...I'm not usually the crying type, but I'm not gonna lie, I got a little teary-eyed when I got in and drove him around the block the first time...And I would have attached a normal size picture...but I can't figure out how and I'm a little impatient at the moment (gotta go out in the garage and stare for a while) DSC00795.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

When I "hovered" the arrow over your thread, I only got the first 10-12 words. I'm thinking, "Wow! Cheapie must've really gotten himself fixed up to meet the new Forum Member! " :eek:
Then I wondered how long it would be before you figured out he's just another old horn-dawg like most of the rest of us :rlaugh:

But now I know you meant the car! Does look good, from what my tired old man eyes can see of the picture.

To load a big picture: First, find and join a photo-hosting website like photobucket.com. Upload good-sized pictures at that site, then link to them using the
address....." whatever) of each picture you post. When you're posting, look at the top line of the "posting box" for a little cartoon icon of the picture. Click on it and a pop-up will give yuo the chance to enter in you URL.  Done deal! :nice:

Okay, thanks to StDr, I figured out how to attach normal sized photos...I took a picture of the engine, so if by looking at the pic you see anything that's good/bad/needs to be fixed immediately, feel free to tell me.

DSC00770.jpg

DSC00795.jpg

DSC00766.jpg

DSC00768.jpg

View attachment 350204

DSC00795.jpg

Attachments

• DSC00770.jpg
    DSC00770.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 64
  • DSC00795.jpg
    DSC00795.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC00766.jpg
    DSC00766.jpg
    182 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00768.jpg
    DSC00768.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC00795.jpg
    DSC00795.jpg
    141.3 KB · Views: 59
Hey 66MG!!!!!

He's home! Wow!!!!!!

Now We can officially welcome you to our crazy world!!! Took a while to download them on dial-up!!!! Beautiful car!

I know the emotions, both sides. Getting my first Mustang was just as great back in 1976 (egad!), and wrecking the Cobra was the worst feeling. Enjoy the ride!

(So, I'm the last guy standing, eh?)

After a quick scan of the pics, It looks great!

I'm not a concours guy, so I will not nit-pic. Yes, there are a few minor infractions, but who cares? IT'S YOURS!!!! Does it run good? Start easy? Drive nice? Do you like it? If so...

IT'S GREAT!!!!

Period.

After a quick scan of the pics, It looks great!

I'm not a concours guy, so I will not nit-pic. Yes, there are a few minor infractions, but who cares? IT'S YOURS!!!! Does it run good? Start easy? Drive nice? Do you like it? If so...

IT'S GREAT!!!!

Period.

Runs good--check
Starts easy--check
Drives nice--check
Do I like it?--understatement of the year!

He growls when I turn him on...is there anything sexier than that sound? I don't think so...

But here's my first dumb car question: When he idles, the exhaust pipes rattle against the edge of the bumper pretty badly. The guy who sold it to me said there are brackets on it (I haven't gotten underneath it to check). Thoughts? Suggestions?

When I growl, my tail pipe doesn't hit my bumper......

(But then, I have side-pipes, and I have a very deep rumble.....)

Car-wise, easy. From the exhaust pipe standpoint, does yours have the tips that extend through the rear gravel pan? It sounds like the spacing is fairly close. If it has standard tailpipes, they can be lowered or moved by adjusting the rear tailpipe clamp. The exhaust could be shaking from the motor as well, if it is idling rough, that will shake the system.

Gorgeous car you got there, my gf loves it to:nice:
Hope your gonna drive the daylights out of it and enjoy it, to many
of these just sitting in garages all year. Mines a daily driver till the road salt hits (New York) then I'll spend the winter finishing it up.
Funny how your cars a "he" and for us guys, ours are "shes".
I gotta ask my GF what she calls her Blazer tomorrow just out of curiousity,lol
I generally don't care for verts but yours is really decent looking.
Enjoy it like I do mine.

Ver-r-r-r-y nice! :nice: :nice: :nice:

For some reason, my interests have "moved away" from the first couple years of Mustang; and, while there are some specific convertibles that catch my eye, I don't see myself having one (Maybe something about "sunstroke" in the area in which I live?) :shrug:

That having been said, I look at the pictures of your '66; and I can only say "Wow! That's very cool."

For some reason, my interests have "moved away" from the first couple years of Mustang; and, while there are some specific convertibles that catch my eye, I don't see myself having one (Maybe something about "sunstroke" in the area in which I live?) :shrug:

That having been said, I look at the pictures of your '66; and I can only say "Wow! That's very cool."
Especially this time of year in these parts!:D

66MG, that is a great looking vert. Here's to many enjoyable sunny days together, enjoy it in good health.:cheers:

Thanks! I will. :D

Gorgeous car you got there, my gf loves it to:nice:
Hope your gonna drive the daylights out of it and enjoy it, to many
of these just sitting in garages all year. Mines a daily driver till the road salt hits (New York) then I'll spend the winter finishing it up.
Funny how your cars a "he" and for us guys, ours are "shes".
I gotta ask my GF what she calls her Blazer tomorrow just out of curiousity,lol
I generally don't care for verts but yours is really decent looking.
Enjoy it like I do mine.

I'm planning to drive him every day until it starts snowing or raining, and then I'm planning to sleep in my garage with him...He's definitely a boy, when he's turned on, he growls...nuff said...this is a family site, I don't want to get myself banned :nono:

Thanks! :)

Well it looks like you scored a fine piece of horse's hind quarter, girl! Way to go and welcome to the mad house!

And thanks again...I like madhouses...madhouses are fun...:D