I think I'm switching over to the 4.6 crowd...

Thanks dude. The interior was a big selling point for me. The bits in the picture on the seat are actually rain drops from the dealer taking pictures while it was drizzling out. I'm going to dress it up a bunch more over time, lots of tasteful billet and some gauges. The wheels are going to just get set aside, maybe for winters, or maybe I'll sell them, I dunno...

• Sponsors (?)

That's kind of a heartbreak, Teal, but none the less, Mach 1s go for alot more around here, and my insurance would be even more jacked up. I'm going to go as 'sleeper' as I can with this car anyway, Machs tend to be pretty obvious.

I think if I were to do it again, I would go with a 4.6 but in DOHC and the air being forced in.

Nice foxbodies are somewhat rare, and they can be found but the prices are nuts. It seems the going price of a decent coupe is $6000. Keep in mind these are aproaching 14+ year old cars. Stock 5.0 Foxes may have been quite something back in thier day, but in modern standards the flimsy chassis, horrible brakes, sloppy handling, and for the most part, underpowered. Add 14+ years of age and wear and tear, it can get rough. Of course most have been modded now, but then your buying someone's project.

I want to keep my fox, and finish it, but if I were to start over agian, I don't know if I would do another fox due to the prices of the decent one's and how bad most of them are now.

I have even been eyeing 03-04 Cobra's and looking them up. I really hope Ford makes another car like that in full production instead of making everything limited production so thier dealers can make a huge profit.

I've got love for the 4.6's, but more so for use in a DD than a weekend toy. Between the Crown Vic Interceptor and the Cougar that I had in the past, I've never had a more reliable, trouble-free motor in any car. (Wish I could say the same for the AODE, but even that ain't as bad as some others ... especially once you flush it, J-Mod it, add a cooler, and refill with Mercon V.)

Hell, I just bought another 4.6 tonight, actually. A '94 T-Bird, maroon, chrome factory rims, 122k, and everything (except the cruise control) works on it ... for a whopping $950. Just need to find a new bumper fascia for it, as the front tire on it blew and ripped the front-left plastic of the bumper clean off. That, and it's got the same 1-2 hang-shift quirk that my Cougar had before I swapped out the accumulator piston/spring, but that's a project I can nail down later on - I'll likely give it the same J-mod and B&M plate cooler setup as before.

The notch will soon be officially getting retired to weekend/track/emergency duty, as soon as I throw a basic tune-up and plates on the T-Bird. If this thing gets the same mileage as I was getting with the 4.6 Cougar I had, I'll be rocking about 26 MPG highway with functional A/C and not going deaf from exhaust and wind noise. :D

IIRC, my '94 Cougar pulled something like a 15.7 in the 1/4 mile, and my '94 CVPI did a wimpy 16.7 ... but in both cases, the times were always consistent to within a tenth. Nothing terribly whooptie-doo, but more than enough to get around the mean streets of Phoenix with safely, without worrying about getting run over. :)

I've got love for the 4.6's, but more so for use in a DD than a weekend toy. Between the Crown Vic Interceptor and the Cougar that I had in the past, I've never had a more reliable, trouble-free motor in any car. (Wish I could say the same for the AODE, but even that ain't as bad as some others ... especially once you flush it, J-Mod it, add a cooler, and refill with Mercon V.)

Hell, I just bought another 4.6 tonight, actually. A '94 T-Bird, maroon, chrome factory rims, 122k, and everything (except the cruise control) works on it ... for a whopping $950. Just need to find a new bumper fascia for it, as the front tire on it blew and ripped the front-left plastic of the bumper clean off. That, and it's got the same 1-2 hang-shift quirk that my Cougar had before I swapped out the accumulator piston/spring, but that's a project I can nail down later on - I'll likely give it the same J-mod and B&M plate cooler setup as before.

The notch will soon be officially getting retired to weekend/track/emergency duty, as soon as I throw a basic tune-up and plates on the T-Bird. If this thing gets the same mileage as I was getting with the 4.6 Cougar I had, I'll be rocking about 26 MPG highway with functional A/C and not going deaf from exhaust and wind noise. :D

IIRC, my '94 Cougar pulled something like a 15.7 in the 1/4 mile, and my '94 CVPI did a wimpy 16.7 ... but in both cases, the times were always consistent to within a tenth. Nothing terribly whooptie-doo, but more than enough to get around the mean streets of Phoenix with safely, without worrying about getting run over. :)

I still can't believe you stole that car for $950! I'm so happy for you. :banana:

Yeah, I keep expecting the phone to ring with the guy saying, "Ummm, yeahhhhh, I kinda made mistake selling it that cheap. So, I'm gonna have to kind of ... buy that car back from youuuuuu. Mmmm-kayyy?" (He did kind of have a Bill Lumberg voice going on. Umm, yeahhhhhhh.) :D

One thing I have to gripe about the 4.6's, though, is on the '91 to '95 models with the forward-facing throttle body, that stupid little vacuum hose that passes under the TB elbow and goes around to the PCV valve ALWAYS dry-rots and collapses in upon itself, and it's a major PITA to rig up your own adapter to replace it (it goes down from 5/8" to like 3/8", IIRC) or fork over the $40+ for a "PCV Valve Assembly" from Ford (valve, tube, and rubber connector piece). That, and unless you know to look for it, the thing will positively drive you insane trying to figure out why your car keeps stumbling off the line and throwing weird codes.

Oh, and let's not forget the valve guide seals that usually begin to give the classic puff of blue smoke on every other takeoff from a stoplight...

Still ... little stuff. Nuttin' big.

She's home, in the driveway, and I'm loving it. I put my short shifter handle on, along with my '06 18" premium package bullits, and damn... The car has a surprising amount of nut considering it's stock...I'm gonna have fun with this thing!

Oh I dunno dude, I get a nice whiplash feel now, and hopefully next month I'll get my 3.73s swapped over and get even more head snap. And I'll really have it when I get my FRPP roots blower installed and am making 380ish RWHP.... So far the only thing I miss is the old solid driving feel, the lighter weight, and the roar...