I was thinking....

I was wondering if anyone here has just removed the pony and the grill off the bumper? I think it might be a retro idea for my Bullitt seeing as how the original didn't have one. Just a thought, post up some pics if you got em. Also, I like the terminator rear bumpers with the cobra indintations filled in, smooth, anyone filled in the stock GT or V6 bumper?

• Sponsors (?)

I've always thought it would look pretty cool...at least to people who know the movie. It seems about maybe 1/2 of the Mustang community hasn't seen the film and just thinks of the car as an oddly-named special edition. "Why is it '-it' and not '-et', anyway?!" :D

Also, if you got a '03/'04 Cobra hood, it would mimic the one on the original. :nice:

Yeah I have seen the movie a bunch, that was a bad ass car. :nice: If I had a bullitt I would have to go jump some hills or something. I would leave the pony in the grill though, so people know what it is flying over the hill. :rlaugh:

I took the grill out yesterday afternoon, doesn't look too bad, definately different. It took me all of 20 mins. If i decide to keep it that way I would definately have to get the lower part of the grill delete to cover up the holes. I thought about the terminator hood too, but there are other things i'd rather do before drop the cash on a hood. Nobody has filled in the MUSTANG on the back of the stock bumper? Now i'm quite interested to see that. Also, I came across this randomly HERE, and I never thought of removing the hood scoop grill, maybe painting the inside of it flat black :shrug: , I don't know how far back it goes, and if you would see into it though. I emailed him for some more pics of the grills and i'll post em if I get them.

bullitt_2620 said:
Also, I came across this randomly HERE, and I never thought of removing the hood scoop grill, maybe painting the inside of it flat black :shrug: , I don't know how far back it goes, and if you would see into it though. I emailed him for some more pics of the grills and i'll post em if I get them.

Be careful if you do that...I've heard that removing the insert dramatically increases the chances having the entire thing torn off at speed. :(

hey fellow Bullitt owner, you can check out the website dedicated to Bullitts, IMBOC.com, they should have plenty of pics on this thing, and plenty of ideas as well. and yes, the terminator hood does mimic the movie car, but it is very expensive. i have one, but it came on my car, search around on IMBOC, maybe someone has one for sell if you are interested.

john_324 said:
Be careful if you do that...I've heard that removing the insert dramatically increases the chances having the entire thing torn off at speed. :(
OMG, I tend to like my gas pedal a little too much on the open highway, so I guess that idea is out of the question. I'm still deciding on the removed grill, I REALLY like how it looks from far away, but up close it doesn't look right, too much stuff behind where the grill should be. I'll try to figure something out. :bang: