I Wasn't Planning This Trip "Back East", but.......

Looks like I'll be spending Memorial Day weekend with a bunch of soldiers and Airmen. And "losing" a dog in the process.

My leave has been approved, the tickets are bought. It's "My Turn" (Mrs. Susan StangDreamin's comment) to help out the eldest brat by delivering her dog to the greater Ft Bragg/Pope AFB/Fayette-nam area.
Apparently, SVTCobra306 is also working on a plan for us to go watch a bunch of guys driving around in 600 miles of left-hand circles in Charlotte that Sunday. Woo-hoo! :nice: :banana: Never been to PIR (driven past it about 10,000 times, though); gotta fly across the country to maybe see a Cup Race. :scratch:

Land at Raleigh-Durham approxx 1422 hrs local Thursday; flyout at 0926 Monday. Get to meet a bunch of guys and ladies that have become dear to my heart. Such is the life of an Army Dad.

• Sponsors (?)

Conversely; I'll be mere hours South! You could drag Deanna down there to "re-infect" her with the Mustang bug! :p
The people I have "met" online so far are all members of the Sandhills Mustang Club
Take a look at about 1/10 of the member rides in the front page picture - SVTCobra306's SVTCobra347 is waaaaaaaayy off at the far end of the line.

Great bunch of guys and gals..... they even accepted Trish with (at first) only her "Token Chebbie" :rlaugh:

Not to change the topic of this thread...but,

To all of you that are serving our country, have served our country or the parents/siblings of those serving our country....

THANK YOU and GOD BLESS YOU!!:flag:
It is never said enough!

Now back to your regularly scheduled silliness.....

Sorry but I'll be dressin up in my Class "A" and marching in TWO parades on Memorial Day, otherwise I'd consider driving down to meet up, with a side trip thru S. Hill VA to p/u a friend of mine...........:shrug:

Yeah, but that's on Monday - I'm flying in on Thursday. Other than some kind of BBQ on Saturday and (if it works out :shrug:) maybe going down to Charlotte on Sunday....... :banana:

Shoot, you could drag Pak along; especially if he's got his Stang back on the road! Just think of the pics we could take and title as "Blue Convertible Bookends" (Pak's '69 and Tink's '96) :D

EDIT: 88gt; all I can say in response to your post is AAAaaaayyyy - MEN! :flag: :flag: :flag:

What these young men and women pledge for us (and deliver) makes me feel pretty doggone small next to their contributions to our world.

We'll see how it goes..... Trish and AJ were both stationed at Ft Polk, LA - that's in fact where they met and she found out he hung out on the 5.0 and SVT Boards here on StangNet. After life in the bayou (which is just 'Redneck Frog' for "Swamp with pine trees), they've proably had more cajun food than any of the rest of us; either they are partciular about the taste or they can't stand any of it.
Since I'm gonna be 30-someting-hundred miles from my F150, I'm probably at their mercy as far as transportation goes..... :rolleyes:

Last post from Arizona (for a few days).....

Don't mean to dig up an old, dead thread; but.... SEEYA! I'm gonna b shutting this thing down shortly, and stuffing it in it's briefcase (along with a couple pairs of sox and jockeys and my toothbrush) so it can be my "carry-on". Everything else goes in the suitcase of wonders to ride downstairs in the plane with the Latigo Heeler Puppy.

Next time I check in (don't know exactly when that will be yet...); it'll be from Fayette-nam, NC.

"Off we go-o-o-o-o...... into the wild blue yonder,
Flying hiiiiiiigh. into the sky!
Tur-bulene-e-e-e-ence..... in the wild blue yonder,
Hand me tha-a-a-at big barf ba-a-ag!"

Never fly while drunk or even buzzed....

Your seat-mates could be drowned!

Greetings from the Torque residence!

I've been here about 23 hours, got to ride in the "Grandma 'vert"; and see a few sights of Ft Bragg and Fayetteville. Also Latigo (Trish's Heeler) is getting along famously with AJ's German Shepard mix, "Holley". (Yes it's spelled with the e - like the carburator)

Gosh it's beautiful here! Maybe it's because I'm desert-born that I love all the foliage; but this is a lot prettier than Ft Polk.

Oops gotta go! Time to mount up and head to Sonic Drive-In for Sandhills Mustang Club's every-Friday-night cruise-in! There's a few people I gotta meet in this group.

Later!

Yo! I'm back. Friday night cruise-in was cool, Saturday night BBQ (Celebrating Memorial Day) at Trish & AJ's was way cool - from what I can remember, a $40 (AAFES pricing) bottle of Jack Daniel's Single Barrel gave it's life bravely so that Trish AJ and I specifically could have a good time.......

Didn't get to watch all off the Coca-Cola 600 because we had to get back to Fayetteville so I could fly out early this morning; but what we did get to see was FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!

We had good seats right in the apex of Turn 4, almost directly across from where Brian Vickers' tire landed on a motorhome in the infield. AJ and I were laughing that, no matter what NASCAR threatened; that guy (motorhome owner) was going home with his new Goodyear End Table! :lol:

OBTW; for those who watched the pre-race show; AJ -SVTCobra306 here on StangNet- was one of the 750 members of the 82nd ABN that marched out of Pit Row (entry side) to stand between the pre-race stage and Turn 4.

The only downside to the whole trip is that I have to finish posting this and jump over to www.united.com/bagtrack and figure out if my luggage is at O'hare or LAX! I saw it get on the plane at Raliegh-Durham; but it didn't get off the plane in Yuma; so it better be in one of the other two airports I've seen today!

Unless it went to Turkey or Jamica or someplace......... :nonono: :D

Oh, hey Chepsk8!

I've got to ask.... how's that new motor workin' out? Does it throw ol' Corask8 around a little if you get on it?
I rode with AJ on the Friday night cruise-in; and his 347 at around 2500 RPM, no matter what gear he's in, will slam you into the seats and try to rip the DOT drag radials off the wheels. I'm like DAY-UM!!! :eek: :drool: :drool: :eek: At first, I asked him if he'd re-connected the bottle, but no, it was all motor. It's just plain mean. :nice:

Oh yeah, I learned a new term while back there..... While you're sitting in the parking lot and some ricer does a flyby (best way for them to do it is if you're parked, doncha know :rlaugh: ) just call out TUR-RRR-D!

Especially if his blow-off valve chirps like a bullfrog :rlaugh::rlaugh::rlaugh: