IAC code P1443

wildstang281

Mar 19, 2003
seattle, wa
I replaced the IAC with a new one and the same code comes on P1443 and then I erase it and it comes back 2 days later. Code P1443 means the IAC valve speed fault. The hose is fine with no cracks and the wiring is ok to the sensor. They say that if the ohms is betwwen 7- 10 IAC is good then. What could it been then?

• Sponsors (?)

P1443 Evaporative Emission Control System Control Valve Malf.

it doesnt have anything to do with the IAC. its the evap purge valve. you have to replace it and i think its only available from the dealer. is your car a 96? its really common on them.

P1443 - Very Small Or No Purge Flow Condition

Description:
A fuel tank pressure change greater than a minus (-) 7 inches of H 2 O in 30 seconds has occurred with purge (fuel vapor) flow less than 0.02 pounds per minute.

Possible Causes:
*Blocked fuel vapor hose between EVAP canister purge valve and FTP sensor.
*Blocked fuel vapor hose between EVAP canister purge valve and engine intake manifold.
*Blocked vacuum hose between EVAP canister purge valve-solenoid and engine intake manifold.
*EVAP canister purge valve stuck closed (mechanically).

Diagnostic Aid:
Check for blockages between the fuel tank, EVAP canister purge valve and engine intake manifold. Check obstructions in the EVAP canister purge valve diaphragm and ports.

Hope this helps!