IAC Restrictor Issues

FalconGuy016

Oct 26, 2004
Northern VA
Hey everyone,

I read the thread here on stangnet about the IAC restrictors and I wanted to try it out (I've wanted to fix the rev issue from day one :D)

Well I got it made and was all excited, but only to find that it seemed to do nothing at all. I used alluminum 2/3 as thick as the one used in the thread, but I figured that wouldn't really matter. I also bought engine gasket similar to the IAC gasket and put that between the restrictor and the IAC.

I tried a 7/32 hole first. Did NOTHING! :( I then tried a hole SMALLER than 5/32 (the "max" restriction) and that did nothing. I can't figure out what im doing wrong. I made sure it was restricting the correct hole as well, but I tried both ways anyways.

I figured maybe a leak could cause this, but can someone please point out anything wrong im doing?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

I used a 1/2" copper pipe plug and drilled a 1/4" hole in the middle. Put it in the air hose leading to the IAC. Total cost: 24 cents, time expended: maybe 5 minutes. I needed to let the computer relearn the idle strategy, had some surging for the first minute or so. Why go to all the trouble with the plate when you can get the same results so damn easy, and if you screw it up, another 24 cents for a new plug?