Idling but really rich

Jason Halbison

Jun 11, 2023
Good afternoon . I recently perched a megasqurit from LMR and of course like anyone new to tuning I"m having my fair share of trouble. after watching videos and reading on here and Facebook the car is idling! I don't think it is close to being right, its running really rich. I have watch the videos on black fox youtube channel and it did help but it no where close to being right. I have not driven the car yet since i just got it to idle today after 3 days of messing with it. If someone could look at my datalog and tune and point me in the right direction that would be great.I know Black Fox offers tuning help for a price =).

Attachments

• 2023-06-12_15.03.12.mlg
    169.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Jason.msq
    119.5 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot 2023-06-12 152035.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-12 152035.png
    405.5 KB · Views: 31
  • Sponsors (?)

I am
what do i need to set them to ?
I am by NO MEANS a pro, just learning to tune mine as well, but my idle "area" in the VE table is 47, I use that from a base 500 RPM up to about 900 RPM, running 24lbs injectors in a mild 306 with an AFR (which is sitll too rich) of 13.5 ish. That said, every engine is different and likes different things, but you are definitely safe to start taking those VE #s down in your idle range. What I did was get a good warm idle and then set all 9 of the cells in the are of my idle range to 47 - NOTE, mine started like yours and I slowly worked backwards - at warm idle - to that 47 and a still too rich 13.5 AFR and good idle, but I'm still tuning

You can move the numbers in the VE table down until a more desired AFR is reached. As stated every engine is different.

It would also help to give the info on your engine. Size, injectors, NA or blown etc.