If I had a new 5.0, I would have this exhaust

• Sponsors (?)

Only a few mustang sites that I can lurk/post on and that's not one of them. I heard about this on s197forum and was interested. JPC makes some awesome looking headers too.

They were my sponsor for Forum Wars :nice:

I just have to figure out my route for the longtubes; I might[/b] be running Kooks with a catted H pipe due to a pending deal ;) I just need to figure out my install price on them as that will make or break the deal.

I might begin installing some of the kit Friday after I put in the springs.

The exhaust on that car actually isn't my favorite. :shrug: To me, it just sounds like the pipes are too big for the engines' displacement. Just too raspy and high pitched with the exhaust pulses muddled by the large pipes.

The exhaust on that car actually isn't my favorite. :shrug: To me, it just sounds like the pipes are too big for the engines' displacement. Just too raspy and high pitched with the exhaust pulses muddled by the large pipes.

I agree, I told D98gt that I haven't heard a single one that I like so far. Nothing compared to the 5.4 supercharged shelbys, or even a 4.6 4v. They are extremely raspy cars for some reason. I asked if they changed the firing sequence on them, but I am not sure.

I don't think the 3v cars sound that good either personally. I think the problem with the new 5.0's and the 3v cars is the muffler placement. Put it in the same location as the older generation cars and it would probably sound alot better.

I don't think the 3v cars sound that good either personally. I think the problem with the new 5.0's and the 3v cars is the muffler placement. Put it in the same location as the older generation cars and it would probably sound alot better.

Some forum member a while back posted a vid of a bunch of 3V cars leaving a car show... probably the best sounding exhaust I've heard yet.

Watch the video in this thread and see if you still think the 3V cars sound like chit

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/818892-brothers-performance-dyno-day-pics-vids.html

I'm pretty sure I will be going with an H pipe in my 2011 so hopefully that will help with the raspy sound.

What about an old style muffler like original flowmasters? To your last text tonight: rebuild and add more boost:D

That is interesting, Tim. Never thought about that.

Still to the issue of firing order or sequence. A lot of chevy guys attribute the LT motors sounding better than the LSX motors due to the firing order. Has this changed on the mustang?

I'll never forget the first time I heard a highschool kid drive up in his stroker 5.0 with a big cam. I was only like 6-7 at the time, but man, that sound is the best sound of any car to me. I'm sure it just depends on what everybody grew up liking or heard first.

"The engine also retains the 4.6 L's 150.7 mm (5.933 in) connecting rod length, which produces a 1.62:1 rod to stroke ratio.[12] The firing order has been changed from that shared by all previous Modular V8s (1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8) to that of the Ford Flathead V8 (1-5-4-8-6-3-7-2).[12] Compression ratio is 11.0:1, despite having typical port fuel injection (as opposed to direct injection) the engine can still be run on 87 octane gasoline."

I can't even afford a phone. I put mine in the oven tonight and re-duct taped it. It is on its last leg, been in the pool or water 3 times.

It erases txt, missed calls all the time for no reason.

That's my old stomping ground. You have to ask to enter that area. North of I10 on Gessner is the Dirty Branch, south of I10 and you are ok in Memorial area. The DPS office is north of I10 near the beltway. Watch out!

Unless you are going to south gessner at 59. Can't help you there. Bring your gun.