If they started buildin' in Sept...

• Sponsors (?)

They built about 200 '05 Mustangs in June - July in a pre-production pilot run.

Several hundred real production 05 Stangs were also built in August and the 1st week of September. From what I heard anywhere from 500 to 1000 of them were built prior to Sept 7.

For the '05 Stang, the Sept 7 Job 1 date is not the real start of production. It is when they say "all systems are go, time to bring the production like up to full speed." With a brand new from the ground up model that is being built on a new production line, like the '05 Stang, it takes quite a while to work out all the kinks in the production line.

The same sort of thing will not happen when they change over to 2006 Mustangs because there will be only minor changes from the '05 - '06 so it will be a rapid switchover to the '06s.

351CJ said:
They built about 200 '05 Mustangs in June - July in a pre-production pilot run.

Several hundred real production 05 Stangs were also built in August and the 1st week of September. From what I heard anywhere from 500 to 1000 of them were built prior to Sept 7.

For the '05 Stang, the Sept 7 Job 1 date is not the real start of production. It is when they say "all systems are go, time to bring the production like up to full speed." With a brand new from the ground up model that is being built on a new production line, like the '05 Stang, it takes quite a while to work out all the kinks in the production line.

The same sort of thing will not happen when they change over to 2006 Mustangs because there will be only minor changes from the '05 - '06 so it will be a rapid switchover to the '06s.

Yeah, I realize all that. What I didn't realize is that those cars have VIN's assigned. Usually, on preproduction cars, the VIN's are XXXXXXXX's Just surprised I guess.

spectravp said:
Yeah, I realize all that. What I didn't realize is that those cars have VIN's assigned. Usually, on preproduction cars, the VIN's are XXXXXXXX's Just surprised I guess.

The prototyope AND pre-production Mustangs that I saw had regular VINs on them.

That sticker & VIN 1ZVHT82H755100115 is for car # 115. The VIN makes sense.

1 - Nation of Origin - 1 = USA
Z - Manufacturer -
V - Vehicle Type -
H - Restraint System - H=2nd Generation + Side Airbag
T - Designation -
82 - Body Type -
H - Engine Type
7 - Check Digit -
5 - Model Year -
5 - Assembly Plant
100115- Sequential Production number -

PerformanceRed said:
I noticed that the total weight is at 4,550 Lbs. That's a lot of weight for a Mustang. It weighs more than my 2001 GT. WTF?

True.. I didn't notice that. My 99 GT Convert is 4490lbs. How much is the 2005 GT Vert gunna weigh? I never thought of this, but I wonder what kind of impact that weight is going to have.

GVWR = Gross Vehicle Weight Rating

Gross Weight is the total weight when fully loaded 4 passengers + luggage.

GVWR on my 2001 GT Coupe 4,490.
GWVR on 2005 GT Coupe 4,550

So the 2005 Mustang GT weights 60 lb more than a 99 - 04. I don't see a problem with that.

351CJ said:
GVWR = Gross Vehicle Weight Rating

Gross Weight is the total weight when fully loaded 4 passengers + luggage.

GVWR on my 2001 GT Coupe 4,490.
GWVR on 2005 GT Coupe 4,550

So the 2005 Mustang GT weights 60 lb more than a 99 - 04. I don't see a problem with that.
lbs
So 60lbs... lol you can stack a suitcase there and bam 60lbs