If you have GT4...

'66 coupe

Founding Member
Aug 7, 2000
Lakeland, Fl.
Let's see some of your cars
I'll just do one right now. The first car I bought when I got the game. :nice:
attachment.php

I've had the game since it came out and never tried the photo thing. It's actually kind of cool.

Attachments

• '05.JPG
    '05.JPG
    24.2 KB · Views: 172
  • Sponsors (?)

How do you like GT4? I don't have a PS2 anymore, I have a Sexbox, so I got Forza Mortorsports. I think that if they keep on making Forza Motorsport games... like turn it into a franchise like the GT series, I think it'll surpass GT in a few years.

My roommate just got Forza in the mail yesterday. We haven't tried it yet, but he told me that it supposedly wasn't quite as good as GT4.

GT4 is way better than GT3. More American cars and you can actually supercharge them now. There's also Nitrous. It's also cool, because the used car dealers rotate their inventory, so there's always different cars to buy including Cobra R's and SHO's.
Of course they had to add a wing shop. What Import racing game would be complete without that?!! But it's fun to just put Huge wings on crappy 80's Accords without doing mods.

I still want to see a game where you can damage the cars, then decide whether or not to get it fixed. I also thought it'd be cool to be able to buy crate engines. But then you realize that the idea would probably be wasted on crappy import engines, where you do a swap to gain 20hp. A custom paint booth would be cool too.

[QUOTE='66 coupe]My roommate just got Forza in the mail yesterday. We haven't tried it yet, but he told me that it supposedly wasn't quite as good as GT4.

GT4 is way better than GT3. More American cars and you can actually supercharge them now. There's also Nitrous. It's also cool, because the used car dealers rotate their inventory, so there's always different cars to buy including Cobra R's and SHO's.
Of course they had to add a wing shop. What Import racing game would be complete without that?!! But it's fun to just put Huge wings on crappy 80's Accords without doing mods.

I still want to see a game where you can damage the cars, then decide whether or not to get it fixed. I also thought it'd be cool to be able to buy crate engines. But then you realize that the idea would probably be wasted on crappy import engines, where you do a swap to gain 20hp. A custom paint booth would be cool too.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good. Forza has a paint booth, but you can only choose from what colors they already have, you can add decal and vynles to your car, you can also do something similar to the crate engine thing. You can swap in an engine from another car that your manufacture makes (ie, swap a c5r engine into a '98 camaro ss and then modd from there) I like that photo op thing though, that's pretty sweet.

worked v6 said:
You can swap in an engine from another car that your manufacture makes (ie, swap a c5r engine into a '98 camaro ss and then modd from there)

That's awesome. Are there any classic cars in that game? Too bad my roommate's moving out today. Looks like I'll be spending some time at his new place.

Yes there are some classics, mustangs, camaros, covettes and whatnot. I didn't get too far, so I'm not sure what exactly. Yeah, GT4 is better, more details as far as upgrades are concerned, I'm not sure about gameplay, but it's very realistic.

Crai-zy horse said:
Yes there are some classics, mustangs, camaros, covettes and whatnot. I didn't get too far, so I'm not sure what exactly. Yeah, GT4 is better, more details as far as upgrades are concerned, I'm not sure about gameplay, but it's very realistic.

Have you seen which Mustangs it has? GT4 just has the '65 GT350R, 2000 Cobra R, and the '05 GT.

What is Forza lacking in the upgrades? That engine swapping thing sounded pretty badass to me.
I can get any Microsoft game for free(well pay shipping) through a training deal with my work. I don't have the money for an X-box(never really planned on getting one), but I figure if I get a bunch of games for free I might start saving for one. :shrug:

[QUOTE='66 coupe]Have you seen which Mustangs it has? GT4 just has the '65 GT350R, 2000 Cobra R, and the '05 GT.

What is Forza lacking in the upgrades? That engine swapping thing sounded pretty badass to me.
I can get any Microsoft game for free(well pay shipping) through a training deal with my work. I don't have the money for an X-box(never really planned on getting one), but I figure if I get a bunch of games for free I might start saving for one. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what it's lacking as far as modds, when you buy a modd it comes in a "bundle package" like engine upgrade 1 would be, twin bore t-body, bigger oil pan, cam, porting the cylender heads a little, etc. intake/exhaust upgrade 1 would be, high flow filter, performance mandrel bent cat-back exhuast, street tuned mufflers, etc. then each thing would conciderably get bigger and more expensive from there, they have all kinds of modds, from engine to intake/exhaust & superchargers, etc. to clutches/flywheels, & differentials to all sorts of suspension stuff and weight reduction along with wheels and brakes. The classic muscle in the game consits of a 1970 Mustang Boss 429, 1968 Shelby GT 500 KR, 1969 Camaro SS, 1968 Camaro Z28, 1970 Corvette Stingray 429, 1970 Dodge Challenger 454, and a few others. They also have American Tuners such as hennessey, Lingenfelter, and about 7 or 8 more and all the cars in the game sound like they should... meaning they all don't sound the same.

...Sorry, long post but it's not as long as it seems. :D

Here's my favorite car:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Of course, since I put the classic Mag 500's on the '05, I had to put the Cobra R's on the '65. :D

all the cars in the game sound like they should

That's good. In GT4 if it's a muscle car it just sounds like a powerful import unless it's idleing, then you hear the lope.

Attachments

• gt350kII.JPG
    gt350kII.JPG
    34.3 KB · Views: 162
  • gt350k.JPG
    gt350k.JPG
    31.1 KB · Views: 157
[QUOTE='66 coupe]Have you seen which Mustangs it has? GT4 just has the '65 GT350R, 2000 Cobra R, and the '05 GT.

I can get any Microsoft game for free(well pay shipping) through a training deal with my work. I don't have the money for an X-box(never really planned on getting one), but I figure if I get a bunch of games for free I might start saving for one. :shrug:[/QUOTE]

I know it has the '05 GT, a late model Cobra R (I can't remember what year), a Saleen 'stang, and a couple of the classics like the boss 302 and shelby GT 500, i dunno if there were any others. As far as the mods go, it just was a little too general for me (the whole bundle thing wasn't my favorite, I prefer to pick my exact mods and maker like in GT.. and in Midnight Club 3 interestingly enough).

Also, the sound is awesome. Very realistic, and watching the replays feels like watching a race on TV.

worked v6 said:
Which game? We're talking about two different ones. GAWD! BE SPECIFIC YOU FRICKIN IDIOT!!! :nonono: :nonono:

Besides, you are way off topic. :OT:

Sorry. Well, I don't need to have my questioned answered because I'm going to go kill myself because of your comment worked. That was NOT cool. :nonono: Anyways, I was talking about GT4. Is it any good? I'm not really a gamer and I pretty much suck at video games. Would I like this game?

Oh, by the way I'm NEVER off topic. :rolleyes:

Kill your self? Ok, just use a sheep shank for the loop on your noose. Oh, and sign your car over to me. :D GT4 is ok. i'm not a big gamer either but it's still something to do at 4:30 in the morning on a Tuesday and you can't sleep. So, yeah, you might like it.

Had to bring this thread back.

Worked,
Stick with Forza!!! WAY better than GT4. I went over to my old roommate's new place last night to play Forza. I am really impressed with the damage, mods, and car selection. I've always hated X-box controls on normal games, but on racing games it's way better for modulating the throttle and brakes.

The paintshop is also cool. I was able to get a Cobra R and paint it Blue. :nice:

So now I'm looking at getting an X-box. There's a training program through my job(retail), where you can take online trainings from Microsoft to learn about their products, so you sell them better. If I do that I should be able to get Forza and a bunch of other games for the price of shipping. :nice: :banana:

Gonna have to get a HD tv too.