imagine this

zeusmoto

Feb 15, 2004
utah
gey guys i finally got my system hooked up , its hits sooo hard it rattles the windows of businesses as i drive by. it consists of two 12 inch alpine type r's two kenwood excelon amps... a 4 channel and sub amp, two pioneer 6x9'sand soon to come kappas for the doors...i also have a capacitor.distro block and some other cool stuff. best part is that i set it up with my friend who installs systems professionally, he didnt charge me a thing and he walked me through every step. but anyways it hits so hard that last night my rear view mirror fell off! haha i was showing this babe i was with how badly it shakes the mirror then bam it fell right off omg i love my system!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

Good deal, I am glad everything worked out for ya. My rear view mirror used to fall off in my old car (saturn coupe) because it hit so hard, but I dont have nearly that much sound pressure now because I drive a vert now...

damn its sooo nice.. i need to get some nice mids so that my subs dont just over power the music.... i need to be able to hear my music without the subs drowning it out... any suggestions

zeusmoto said:
damn its sooo nice.. i need to get some nice mids so that my subs dont just over power the music.... i need to be able to hear my music without the subs drowning it out... any suggestions

Turn down the sub level control on the head unit or turn your sub amp gain down.

go wtiuh alpien type-R components?? they sound pretty decent.

btw: with my 2 12" type-S's i've had my mirror come off the metal clip. then i tightened the screw down....and the metal part came off, adn took a piece of windshield with it!! :jaw: and thats with my s****y profile powering jsut type-S's. im really impressed with the alpine's

So did the babe like it? :D You should get it tested and see how many decibles you are pushing.

I have the Boston Pro 5-1/4 mids and tweeters and loved that system, gonna put in the wifes car. Just make sure you have an amp to run them off, they need power.

Almost bought some MB Quarts one time they rock pretty good. I have heard many combinations, but the Best thing is go to a steroe shop or 3 and listen to them and decide which one you like the best and where you can get your best deal.

But go for component system they rock better than coaxile, IMO