(?) Installation Pics of c/c plates

bottlfed92

Aug 16, 2004
Canada
Anybody have detailed installation pics of the installation of c/c plates? As some of you know, I installed these a month or two ago while the car was up on stands. Well, the past weekend, I've since lowered the car back onto it's wheels. Not sure if this is right, but the threaded shaft from the actual shock sticks up about another 3/4" with the body weight of the car. Is this normal. Please let me in on something, I obviously don't know. LOL.

~Jeff

• Sponsors (?)

Anybody have detailed installation pics of the installation of c/c plates? As some of you know, I installed these a month or two ago while the car was up on stands. Well, the past weekend, I've since lowered the car back onto it's wheels. Not sure if this is right, but the threaded shaft from the actual shock sticks up about another 3/4" with the body weight of the car. Is this normal. Please let me in on something, I obviously don't know. LOL.

~Jeff

I didn't think the threaded part of the shock should move up or down when you jack up or lower the car.

Is it possible you didn't get the big nut on the top of the shock tight enough? If the control arms were hanging while the car was in the air, it's possible you couldn't get the nut tight enough because of the force pulling the shock down. I'd see if you can tighten it any more now that the car's on the ground.

It said in the BBK instructions, to take off the stock plastic sleeve w/ rubber bushing. I did...Should I have? If I gotta put that back on, I certainly will. This is such an easy job, too. I though it went so well. LOL. :shrug:

I found the issue. Turns out, I wasn't supposed to have any spare parts. LOL. I forgot the large spacer on the strut before I shot it up through the c/c plate.

Who knew?! I knew it had to be a simple fix. I'm simple! :D