Roush Installed Bassani catted X-Pipe...WOW!!!

Got a great deal on a used Bassani catted X-pipe from a local Mustang owner. Got it for $200 and it is in great shape! Only had 3,500 miles on it when removed.

I was surprised how much lighter it is compared to the stock H-Pipe. Install was a breeze and everything lined up perfectly. Only problem I have right now is the passenger side rear O2 sensor requires an extension.

I'm very happy with the exhaust note. I didn't realize it would make that much of a difference. My car now sounds very similar to the car in the video below (but not as loud)...

Click here to see Video

Some pics during the install...

pipe2as6.jpg

pipe3uy7.jpg

pipe4ie9.jpg

pipe5oz3.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I am going to check mine, I thought that it had a x-pipe, the sticker says, "Saleen muffler and performance exhaust system." what ever that means.

Mine definitely didn't have an X-pipe in it. Here is a close up of the H-pipe I pulled out...

factoryhpipets3.jpg

Anyone have a picture of a stock GT h-pipe to compare this to? I looked it over and didn't see anything to indicate it was aftermarket (i.e. Magnaflow or Bassani's name on it). The four O2 sensors were definitely Ford Motorcraft sensors.

I think they started the X pipes sometime in 2002. I have a 2002 and it had a catted X pipe. I think all saleen does is weld an X in the place of the stock H and the rest is a stock piping. I went to a magnaflow catted X at first, made a nice sound difference. But have since moved on to Bassani headers and Bassani O/R X pipe, and it sounds like a nascar.:D Thats very wierd that your 04 didnt have one.

Mine definitely didn't have an X-pipe in it. Here is a close up of the H-pipe I pulled out...

factoryhpipets3.jpg

Anyone have a picture of a stock GT h-pipe to compare this to? I looked it over and didn't see anything to indicate it was aftermarket (i.e. Magnaflow or Bassani's name on it). The four O2 sensors were definitely Ford Motorcraft sensors.

I checked mine and it is a X-pipe.

Ahhh, Bassani X pipe!! I've got one on the SSC and love it. It had an "offroad H" on it when I bought the car. I installed the Bassani and felt little or no power loss. They really flow well.

I have a 2000 S281 and a 99 Mustang GT and they're different H-pipes. The one on the 99 Gt has 6 Cats compared to the Saleen that only had 4 cats. I know because I switched out the stock H-pipe on the Saleen and put in a BBK X-pipe because having the X-pipe on the GT with Flowmasters was giving me a really raspy sound.

Did you ever find the O2 Extension Harness?

Yes I did! Steen Racing had them in stock locally here in Norfolk. I swung by their shop and picked up a set. I'm dealing with a new problem right now. My exhaust is rattling near the bumper. I had to bend/push the exhaust back to make the X-pipe fit. Doing so, I pushed the tips up a little bit and it is now rubbing against the bumper. There is another spot that is rubbing on the passenger side. Both are easy fixes, I just haven't had time to get under the car lately.

I also used a jack to tuck the exhaust up a little higher since it was dragging lower than my stock H-pipe. I also had to rotate a few fittings so the bolts weren't hanging low. I should be 100% by this weekend.

You going to the Int'l Auto Show held at the Virginia Beach Pavillion this weekend? I believe it is Friday through Sunday. I'm also going to DTP Racing's dyno day in Chesapeake on Saturday. I'd like to see what the X-pipe itself netted me. 3 pulls with A/F for only $50.

I am planning on going to DTP Saturday morning, I have to work at 1200 so I maybe cutting it close. I really want to get a baseline dyno before I start upgrading. If I make it I look forward to meeting you.