Installed Flowtech shorty headers, elect. fan & SPAL controller...

Boss 351

Here sthhhhhhhheeeve take a picthh of my man flowe
Jul 13, 2003
Canada
The electric fan made a nice difference for such an easy mod. I used a SPAL fan controller that taps into a water sensor and a flexfan (or whatever) electric fan. Since I don't have AC I put a toggle switch under the dash so I can overide the system and turn on the fan manualy.

I also put on some flowtech shorty headers, which only took about an hour to do (I painted them flat silver VHT flame proof paint). I didn't notice any difference, at least not in the lower RPM. I changed them because the stock headers were cracked and leaking everywhere... too bad I forgot to pick up my off-road X-pipe because I still have exhaust leaks :nonono: I didn't want to do the longtube thing for my little 302. At the worst I'll get some good ceramic coated equal length when I update the engine.

• Sponsors (?)

i wouldn't and didnt expect to feel a change from the addition of shorties. It sure as hell sounds deeperand better though, good idea on painting the shorties...i have flowtech and need to do that same when i pull out the motor.

hey are your flowtechs the equal length style???
my old headers were the equal length flowtechs and when i put my BBKs in, i had a hell of a time getting the old ones out. reallly hard to get out there, i couldnt have imagineed putting them in. Thats why i went with a regular style header :)

Nope I got the cheap shorty headers that look like stock but bigger. I saved myself a lot of trouble but now I have to install some Summit Racing long tube headers on an 83 Capri next weekend :(