Installing Del Alum Bushings

69Rcode_Mach1

Apr 20, 2004
Salt Lake City, Utah
Okay holy crap these bushings are the biggest pain, but well worth it from what I've heard. I have all the bushings pressed in place, the front eye mounted but not torqued, and the diff secured to the leaf springs via the U bolts, shocks are still not connected. I cannot manage to get these shackles in, I can get them started but it keeps pushing out the plastic insert in the bushings. It's almost like one of the bolts on the shackles isn't completely straight. Do I need to do both sides at the same time, or should I undo the diff from the rear leaf and mount the shackles then mount the diff? Any suggestions would be appreciated. One other thing is the directions are so vague and I called global west which confirmed that the thrust washers are on correctly but it looks like there will be play on the lower bolt on the shackle. Is the thickest thrust washer supposed to go on the top shackle bolt that hooks to the frame rail? It looks like the thickest washer should go on the lower bolt and connect at the rear leaf eye, which would line the leaf with the frame rail, if the thrust washer goes up top it looks like they will be offset. :shrug:

Edit: Got it figured out, had to remove the rear diff. Shackles were set up properly and were very tight to get in, but they worked.

• Sponsors (?)