Installing seats

t_chelle16

Keeper of the closet key
Founding Member
May 8, 2002
Knob Noster, Mo.
This is kind of a moot point since I've already reinstalled my seats after fixing the floor/replacing the carpet, but I'm still curious as to the "official" way to bolt the front seats in (maybe I'm just being dumb and overcomplicating things).

The seat rails have threaded studs that poke through holes in the seat risers with coresponding 1 1/2" diameter holes in the floor pan for access from underneath. It's not so bad to get just the nut started, but how the heck are you supposed to get the nut and the washer on thoes things? The little 1 1/2" hole is too small to be able to hold on to both and it's nearly impossible to properly balance the washer on the end of the nut until you can get it started. Is there some trick to getting both the washer & nut on? Or was the entire car built around them?

FWIW, I used double sided tape to stick the washer to the nut.

-Chelle

• Sponsors (?)

This is kind of a moot point since I've already reinstalled my seats after fixing the floor/replacing the carpet, but I'm still curious as to the "official" way to bolt the front seats in (maybe I'm just being dumb and overcomplicating things).

The seat rails have threaded studs that poke through holes in the seat risers with coresponding 1 1/2" diameter holes in the floor pan for access from underneath. It's not so bad to get just the nut started, but how the heck are you supposed to get the nut and the washer on thoes things? The little 1 1/2" hole is too small to be able to hold on to both and it's nearly impossible to properly balance the washer on the end of the nut until you can get it started. Is there some trick to getting both the washer & nut on? Or was the entire car built around them?

FWIW, I used double sided tape to stick the washer to the nut.

-Chelle

the original seat nuts have a built in washer so you don't have to mess with it.