installing supercharger

03stang26

Jun 3, 2003
I just bought a used vortech s-trim supercharger, and I have very limited cash left for the install. How much do you think a motorsports shop would charge to install the supercharger and to custom tune it? If this is an outrageous price, then is this a job that an unexperienced car guy can take on himself?

• Sponsors (?)

03stang26 said:
I just bought a used vortech s-trim supercharger, and I have very limited cash left for the install. How much do you think a motorsports shop would charge to install the supercharger and to custom tune it? If this is an outrageous price, then is this a job that an unexperienced car guy can take on himself?
I would have to say 500-600 to install the supercharger, thats about 7-8 hours of labor, which is usually 70-75 dollars per hour and about 500 dollars more for a custom dyno tune is about 500 bucks.

03stang26 said:
I would have to say 500-600 to install the supercharger, thats about 7-8 hours of labor, which is usually 70-75 dollars per hour and about 500 dollars for a custom dyno tune.

install it yourself. it's not really THAT hard. although it's no walk in the park either. just take your time, get the directions off Vortechs website, and get some help from someone who has some knowledge of cars.