Intake manifold question, HELP!!

I pretty much screw the water passover on my 99 GT(4r70w), now since I'm going to sell the car to a friend I'm obligated to fix it the right way. I heard of the newer intakes having a stronger passover, can anyone elaborate on this since I don't know; so I can order the right one from the dealership (they are being just assh@#$s). Thanx

P.S. And if their is one can someone give the part# too, thanx in advance :D

• Sponsors (?)

It's the dumbest idea. After they've had trouble/recalls with the coolant crossover since 96. Why not change them RIGHT AWAY. I had to buy a new one from the factory, cost me nearly 300 bucks. I didn't know at the time I could swap a PI one onto my NPI heads. That would've been the way to go. =)

I'm not too sure about your car qualifying. But there is a recall for the coolant crossoover cracking and ford is suppose to replace the intake with the aluminum crossover one. Go to your local dealership and give them your vin no. to see if your car qualifies for the intake recall replacement. Good Luck!

cracked intake

Zorro said:
I'm not too sure about your car qualifying. But there is a recall for the coolant crossoover cracking and ford is suppose to replace the intake with the aluminum crossover one. Go to your local dealership and give them your vin no. to see if your car qualifies for the intake recall replacement. Good Luck!

own a 99 GT(saleen clone) just found out my intake is cracked, called local ford dealership and they said there was no recall. are you talking about the plastic upper intake ???