intake manifold question

i am shopping around for a intake manifold for my 89 saleen, i have been considering the trick flow track heat manifold $400, and the typhoon manifold $310, the intake on my car was port and polished what i believe to be too much and i suspect an intake leak. i want to get a better one anyways. any advise would be good.

• Sponsors (?)

its all in the power curve you want at the end when your finished with your car. how much power you want what cam all that stuff matters when you buy a manifold uless you want to buy a different one for diferent cam prfiles

I've got a Trick flow intake in the garage right now, and installed a Typhoon intake on a friends car and i've got to say that the trick flow is worth the extra $$.
The casting on the Typhoon was very rough, it was obvious how they are able to sell them at such a low price.

now if you plan to port/polish it out the typhoon may actually be the better option, access to the runners on the upper would be much better because of the removable plenum cover and the casting quality wouldn't be an issue once it's worked over.

GT-40 manifold.....

For a street based 302, the GT-40 manifold is about impossible to beat. I am going to a bigger combination, so my mildly ported GT-40 set up could be for sale. On my 302 with AFR 165's, mild cam and this manifold, I put down 323 rwhp and 340 lb/ft torque with shorty headers and normal bolt ons. Lets see any other aftermarket manifold match that torque.

Decide what will be done to the motor and match the rpm characteristics of the manifold to the rest of your pieces. You will be way ahead. Bigger is better really doesn't apply here!

Brandon

Scooby5.0Doo said:
killerb thats about what im shooting for power wise what lbs injectors do you run and how mild is that cam cuz i have speed denity so it must be mild for me to run it.

I would recomend the 24lbs unless you plan to put a power adder on later